+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A certain movie...

Drain my brain.

A certain movie...

Is there a certain movie that has affected you in some way?

For me it was "American Beauty." This movie really makes you appreciate the things in life, ecspecially the small things and it really focuses on the most important things that life has to offer. It's a movie that'll open your eyes.
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

The Road Home - a movie by Zhang Yimou featuring Zhang Ziyi pre Crouching Tiger. Very simple love story, with underlying concerns of traditional chinese values and a pure and undying love. Simply beautiful. Made me want to love someone in the same way Zhang loved her husband

Dead Poets Society - Very inspiring. Way better than Mona Lisa smile.

There are more, but I'll have to think about it.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Mona Lisa Smile was so boring I fell asleep twice.

Good Will Hunting
    Dogma
    Pulp Fiction
    Goodfellas
    The Rules of Attraction
    The Usual Suspects
    Forrest Gump
    Something About Mary

Uhh..I'll shut up now.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

FORT Fan
    I saw the original version of Dawn of the Dead a couple nights ago. Now everything I look at makes me think of how I could use it to fight off zombies.

I felt sort of the same way about American Beauty, abrslr. I rewatch it when I feel a little depressed and it always improves my outlook.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

I didn't like American beauty. I felt sort of preachy to me, and it seemed to try to push feelings onto the audience.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Wind Beneath My Wings - Strong friendship ties through many years.
    I lost a friend after a long illness like that. Grateful for the fun times we had growing up.

I could not get up out of my seat for a few minutes after seeing The Passion of The Christ.....

It's the only movie that I really liked that I don't think I ever want to see again.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Drain my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieM
    I could not get up out of my seat for a few minutes after seeing The Passion of The Christ.....
    I totally agree. This was one of the most moving movie's I've ever seen.
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

Drain my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    I didn't like American beauty. I felt sort of preachy to me, and it seemed to try to push feelings onto the audience.
    What do you mean? In what way do you feel they pushed feelings onto the audience? I'm just curious.

Oooh..what an interesting thread...

There have been several movies that have changed me...

Schindler's List - After the movie ended, I remeber feeling like I had been carrying cement blocks on my chest.

Terms of Endearment - Reminds me so much of my mother's death and who can forget Shirley Mcclaine and Jack Nicholson's chemistry?

Wit - Emma Thompson gave the performance of a lifetime in this film.

Dancer in the Dark - Bjork was phenomenal in this movie about a mother trying to save her son from a life of blindness.

The Wiz - the 'ghetto fabulous' version of The Wizard of Oz starring Diana Ross and Michael Jackson,campy,crazy,hella funny. If you haven't seen this,you must for the musical numbers alone.

Party Girl - the first time I ever saw Parker Posey in a movie..omg she is hilariously bitchy and flighty at the same time!

Aliens - the first time I ever saw a woman kick azz in a movie! Anytime this movie comes on, I get sucked right in ('Get away from her, YOU B****!')

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast