+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A certain movie...

To Kill a Mockingbird
    Schindlers List
    Mississippi Burning

A lot of the movies I'd say have already been mentionned, Dead Poets Society, Dogma,Boys Don't Cry & Schindlers List for sure.

I'd also add...
    Shawshank Redemption
    Mermaids (Stop laughing)
    Closer
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

The movies that haunt me are those that gave me some fundamental insight that has lasted my whole life. But I guess that's what art is -- a strong and powerful subsitute for personal experience.

To Kill a Mockingbird (yea, horsenhound!) made me sensitive to bigotry, even as a little kid.

The Days of Wine and Roses made me never, ever want to abuse alcohol.

The Deer Hunter made me see the atrocities of war in a way that felt like I was actually there.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

Supersize Me - It's because of this, I avoid all fastfood joints.

City of God - A shocking portrayl of Brazil, one of the places in the world I always wanted to visit. Now, it's the least place I want to visit.

Tokyo Story - It's one of those "life is short" sort of deals.

Wow, I'd forgotten some of the really good movies... Philadelphia was an awesome movie; very well acted with a powerful message. I remember just sobbing by the time the credits rolled.

My friends and family won't let me watch The Color Purple anymore because I just sob uncontrollably during the scene when the sisters are separated. It makes me cry just thinking of it.

Peggy Sue Got Married- the scene where Kathleen Turner talks to her (long dead) grandmother on the telephone- is very emotional to me. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

A walk to remember made me think more about how a person could be changed, and also life and love ..
    Do movies have subliminal messages in them any at all ?? ..

Schindler's list will always stick with me...as will a visit to the Museum of Tolerance back in 1996.

I couldn't get through all of Mississippi Burning...it affected me far too deeply. I remember getting so enraged I couldn't stand it...to this day I get very angry thinking about it.

Lion King affected me too...I still bawl at the part where Mufasa dies and have to skip that chapter on the DVD because it's hard to watch...silly I know...but still!!!
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

After watching Dead Poet's Society and Awakenings in my 8th grade English class, my respect for Robin Williams as an actor grew trememdously...

I'm not sure if the movies really affected me, but nonetheless they were both great movies (I highly recommend them.).

Dead Poet's Society
    Awakenings
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

After I watched The Pianist and little-known/watched Savior, I felt like I'd been slapped in the face.

Good Will Hunting and Shawshank Redemption were eye-opening.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345