+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A certain movie...

I have a few, but "The Passion of the Christ", "Forrest Gump", and "Tru Confessions" (a tv disney movie) have been the 3 that have gripped me most that I have seen.

The Passion of the Christ was so emotionally tiring for me, I cried from beginning to end just because I knew what was going to happen.

Forrest Gump, well, I have a brother who is handicapped, and I just bawled, I really don't know why, but I hate to see handicapped people be mistreated.. A lot like "Radio", this movie is just so touching, and I love to watch it.

Tru Confessions-Another movie about a handicapped boy. I love my brother with all my heart, he's 8, but I have never not appreciated him..He's always been the center of my universe..and thats the honest truth.. and I like this movie because it shows Tru is learning to accept her brother despite his disabilities. No matter what he does, she loves him.. even though the road is rough, she loves him.. A lot like my brother and me. He may be hyper or in bad moods, but I love him... no matter what he does
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

FORT Fogey
    The Passion of the Christ was a very gripping movie for me...

that affected me in traumatized way : The Exorcist and The Ring
    that affected me in good way hm..so many movies...I will come up with some later on

I have to agree with aifan4life about Tru Confessions. Although I don't know anyone that's handicapped, but I still cried when the boy cried about "not wanting to be retarded".
    Also, Radio really had me crying.
    Another one that really got me was The Outsiders. We watched it at the end of this school year in English after reading the book. I was totally fighting myself not to cry. I kept telling myself that I'd managed the whole year without crying in front of the class and could take it now, too. It just hit me that these boys are only a year or two older than me and they live these rough lives. It wasn't a true story, but the author had written the book based on real life experiences of her friends. In the movie especially, it seemed like the only word that would fit the story was 'despair'.

Oh.. I remember The Outsiders. We saw it in class as well and I think I had a similar reaction.

Philadelphia for sure. I have never felt so angry after watching a film before and so disgusted with society and it's prejudices as I did after that film. I can't watch it ever again, I don't like to be that angry.

Life Is Beautiful, definitely. So emotionally riveting and touching. Excellent film

Jeffrey

This was the first mainstream 'gay' film that I ever saw and it was unusual for a straight actor (Steve Weber) to be in that kind of film. I thought it was extremely funny then,and I still like it today.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Hmmmm somehow I missed this thread before.
    Anyway, for me it's definitley Born on the Fourth of July.

My dad is a Vietnam vet, and this movie hits home. The way the vets were treated when they came home, how much of a different person Ron Kovick was when he returned home, it's pretty unreal. Tom Cruise is SO good in this role.
    I HAVE to find it on DVD soon.

The pianist and Schindlers List are great movies. It gave me goosebumps, it makes you grateful that you live in this time.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelissa
    For some reason a little known movie called "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken" has always struck a chord.

And Platoon....the scene where the guy is running thru the field with the enemy troops chasing him while he is trying to get to the chopper....and then collapsing with his arms outstretched as he gets shot and the guy who betrayed him just watching him die from the safety of the escaping chopper. That image has stayed with me for years.
    unfortunately the music for Platoon has stuck with me too...you remember the haunting music they played when that part you mentioned above happened?? For some odd and morbid reason it was in my head at my uncle's funeral back in 2001.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast