+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13 Going on 30 - 04/23/04

13 Going on 30 - 04/23/04

13 Going on 30 (2004)

Synopsis: It is 1987 and Jenna is a 13-year-old girl on the brink of womanhood. The problem is that adulthood is just not arriving fast enough. She's suffocated by her dorky parents, ignored by the hip kids in school--and the cute guy she has a crush on barely knows her name. No longer content to spend time only with her best friend and neighbor, Matt Flamhaff, Jenna invites the cool kids to her 13th birthday party. But the party is a disaster. Jenna is humiliated when she's locked in the closet for a game of "Seven Minutes in Heaven" and everyone deserts her. Alone in the closet, Jenna makes an earnest wish. If only she could be all grown up, she'd have the life she's always wanted. Miraculously, her wish comes true. The next day, when Jenna emerges from the closet, it's 2004 and she's 30 years old. What's more, she is a gorgeous successful woman with a great job and a fabulous Fifth Avenue apartment. She is finally cool and popular. The only hitch? She has absolutely no idea how she got there. Initially frightened but gradually enchanted by her new life, Jenna soon realizes there's something missing--Matt. When she looks him up, she is horrified to discover that she and Matt are no longer in contact and, furthermore, he is engaged to be married. Jenna learns that 'having it all' is not enough and decides to take a second chance at first love. Now her biggest wish is that it's not too late.

Statistics
    Genre(s): Comedy, Fantasy, Romance Rating: Not available Runtime: 97 mins. Theatrical Release: 04/23/2004

Cast & Role
    Jennifer Garner - Jenna Rink
    Mark Ruffalo- Matt Flamhaff
    Shana Dowdeswell - Young Jenna Rink
    Jack Salvatore, Jr - Young Matt
    Kathy Baker - Bev Rink
    Phil Reeves - Wayne Rink
    Alex Black - Young Christopher Grandy
    Alexandra Kyle - Young Tom-Tom

Crew & Credit
    Gary Winick - Director Susan Arnold -Producer

anyone see this? the girls are dying to go.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I haven't seen it but I'm tempted to. However, I'm not the a fan of Jennifer Garner.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

i did! and LOVED it! your girls will have a blast!

Absolutely ADORABLE! Just a cute, cute movie!

I must admit to wanting to smack JG at one point to tell her to grow up, heh, but she did well when it all counted.

The music was a fun flashback, too, even tho it wasn't completely accurate as to the timing.

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    I'm making my boyfriend take me to this movie this weekend!

I saw this a couple of weeks ago. It starts out in 1987, but the music references are all wrong - Thriller was big like in 83-ish, not 87, same thing with the Rick Springfield references. But aside from that, it was really cute & I enjoyed it. The clothes were dead-on. I remember dressing like that! Yuck.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fan
    I really liked this movie, don't know if guys will so much so bring your daughter or a female friend. Its a blast.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I will watch it for Jennifer Garner

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    I loved it! It was really funny and I will be buying it when it comes out on DVD! When did it say the year that the movie was taking place? I was born in 83 and remember 'Thriller' being really big all through the 80's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast