+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - 12/18

FORT Fanatic
    Summer, I can't remember how to do it now. I've gotta go watch it again!

"Damn right it's a gift." Too funny!!!!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    it seems that women of Middle Earth are only meant to put Aragorn on a pedestal to admire, because that's all they do, Seriously, can't they SEE Legolas????
    While Viggo is a good looking lad, I don't think Tolkien had a babe like Orlando in mind when he was writing LOTR....

As for the arrows, And this is something that bugged me, did Galadriel not give them EACH a gift when they left Rivendell?
    They only showed Frodo getting the light, but I'm sure her gift to Legolas was a quiver that never ran out of arrows.???

Legolas got a bow from Galadriel. I don't recall any magic quivers from the books. As for arrows, he mostly just picked up used ones or took quivers from dead archers. And you didn't see it in the movies, but I'm sure he made more whenever they stopped to eat or rest. Elves are skilled woodsmen & make even the most extravagant arrows with quickness & ease.

FORT Fanatic
    enygma, maybe the magic quiver you are thinking of is from the Narnia books? It sounds familiar to me too but I can't remember exactly where I read it.

Princess
    Originally posted by jodaar
    Elves are skilled woodsmen & make even the most extravagant arrows with quickness & ease.
    Indeed!! (And Legolas also happen to be a wood elf)

It is cool to see how Orly has taken off in the hearts of men and women alike (well maybe not alike for both sexes, but... well nevermind). Anyway, I predict good things for young Mr. Bloom. BTW, Happy birthday to him yesterday.
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

Summer

Yeah, I'm a straight guy & an Orlando Bloom fan. It probably helps that he played my favorite character in the whole book. But seeing the behind the scenes stuff about him from the DVDs, he seems like a pretty cool guy. I think he's got 3 new movies coming out fairly soon.

I didn't know who Orlando Bloom was before LOTR. The other day I was watching "Black Hawk Down" (which I own) and low and behold, there was Orlando. I hadn't even noticed him before in that movie (which came out before LOTR).

Well, thanks to LOTR, I am now an Orlando Bloom fan, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789