+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - 12/18

FORT Fanatic
    Has anyone else seen the revised "Council of Elrond" scene on the extended FOTR DVD set? Someone had to show it to me, it's an easter egg. It has Jack Black in it, if that gives anyone a clue...it's hysterical.

Haven't seen that Jill. I love Jack Black.

They say Peter Jackson has made a cameo in each of the 3 films. Anybody know what scenes he was in or what characters he played?

FORT Fanatic
    Get ahold of the extended version and I'll tell you how to find the extra bit. It's well worth it!

I just saw this movie yesterday. I loved it!!! Woo hooo! Usually, during long movies, I have to go to the bathroom at least once, but during this movie, I was glued to my seat the entire time. Those tree shepard things are really cool. I'm so glad that Saruman is now trapped in his little tower...with his plans foiled (for now anyway). What now, huh?!

Oh, and on the subject of Orlando Bloom...I saw the trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean. I'd heard my friend, Kelly, talking about a movie with Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom. She was quite excited. She loves those guys. Then, when I saw the trailer, I was like...So, that's what she was talking about!

Originally posted by jodaar
    Here's another interesting fact I ran across. Stuart Townsend was cast as the original Aragorn & fired 4 days into shooting. I'm sure all the ladies are thankful that he was replaced with Viggo. Here's what Aragorn could have looked like...
    omg! i loved stuart townsend in Queen of the Damned, but WOW i'm so glad that Viggo was recast as Aragourn!!"

Jill, I think the extended version you refer to is a skit from the MTV movie awards. I know Jack Black hosted that and had a skit with Sarah Michelle Gellar spoofing the Council scene, If it is the same scene to which you are referring it is a gut buster!

Gonna go check out dvdeastereggs to see if i can find it.
    Just in case I don't, please post the path to it. Thanks.
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

Originally posted by jodaar
    They say Peter Jackson has made a cameo in each of the 3 films. Anybody know what scenes he was in or what characters he played?
    To answer my own question, I think in the FOTR, he's the carrot eating guy in Bree. He's the first guy the hobbits see (other than the watchman) & he's stumbling into the street. I could be wrong, but it really looks like him.

Aragorn/Viggo fans, check out this Site.

Ah, Jill took me long enough to figure out how to do it but, yes, that is it! I had forgotten just how funny it is!

Watch out, It's a stampede!

Between Jodaar and Summer I'm a happy, happy girl.

Finally saw TT yesterday and loved it. And you'll all be happy to know that I was carefully looking for Legolas and the horse trick and Legolas and the skateboard. (Not that my eyes strayed long from Legolas anyhow)
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread