+ Reply to Thread

Thread: K-19 the Widowmaker

K-19 the Widowmaker

I just rented this movie this afternoon and loved it. I didn't think I would, being that I am not really a great fan of military movies. This movie was based on an actual incident and scared the bejeebers out of me at the idea that a Russian nuclear submarine was planning on submerging right off the coast of New York City. Without spoiling the movie for those of you who have not seen it, the movie was intense and at times edge-of-your-seat nervewracking. Harrison Ford looked really worn out in this movie but Liam Neesan (sp) was at his best. I would recommend this to everyone.

I love Liam Neeson so I really wanted to see this movie for him.
    I haven't been impressed with Ford's acting of late, so the fact he is in it out me off.
    I went to Blockbuster today and it was a guaranteed rental but there were no copies there so I'll get it free next time.
    I can't complain that I didn't like it if I didn't pay for it
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fluff, you will like the movie, I guaranty it. I can always pick a winner, this may not be oscar material but it was very well written and the acting is good. After you see the movie, let me know if I was right.

I'm looking forward to it now Clara.
    There were so few copies of it on dvd at my local Blockbuster that it might be a while before there's a spare copy there.

I used to like Ford a lot, until I saw What lies beneath?
    He and Pfeiffer had zero chemistry and his acting was very "wooden" imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I saw that movieWhat Lies Beneath, too, Fluff. Stupidly I bought it before I rented it. What a huge disappointment and a waste of $25.00 that movie was. And you are right, zero chemistry. This other movie we are talking about, he looked like he is aging and drinking alot with his face all puffy, but his acting in this movie was good. Liam Neesan (sp) acting was so exceptionally good that he just helped make Harrison Ford look great and you will see why when you watch the movie. Get out and rent it soon so that we can talk about this movie and I want to post a link after you see the movie that I want you to take a look at.

+ Reply to Thread