+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Movie Adaptation

Best Movie Adaptation

Which book was adapted beautifully to the silver screen?

For me, it's A Simple Plan. I loved the book, and (amazingly) I thought the movie was even better. They changed the ending, but the choices they made were excellent.

A Time To Kill

To be honest, I read the book AFTER the movie and liked the movie so much better. It was one of those stories that actually translates better on the big screen though. JMHO.

*Gasp* Miss Filangi, that movie freaked me out. I was really young when I first saw it. It scarred me for life......still very good though!

I liked a few...The Andromeda Strain, The Bourne Identity, and The Fellowship of the Ring.

Absolutely....The Green Mile!

Mdrio, I know this is off topic, but I always forget how young you are. I was thinking, "He was little??"

It really is a credit how intelligent and well spoken you are. So glad I've been able to meet you here on the boards.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    I think the adaptations of Alex Kotlowitz's "There are No Children Here," Alice Walker's "The Cplor Purple," Gloria Naylor's "The Women of Brewster Place," Solomon Northup's "Twelve Years a Slave," and Richard Wright's "Black Boy" were all phenomenal movies! Although I pretty much always prefer the book to the movie (I can't think of a movie I ever liked more than the book)...

"The Godfather" - I liked it better than the book.

Gone with the Wind

I think the movie did a great job of creating the characters. Vivien Leigh and Clark Cable were so perfect for the role. Everything was much more vivid in the movie than the book.

The Shawshank Redemption and--here's one of my small favorites--Presumed Innocent. Raul Julia was masterful in the role of Sandy Stern.

Too bad Turow never wrote anything quite so good again.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

About A Boy

I thought the adaptation was terrific until that scene in the school auditorium.

+ Reply to Thread