+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Remake

Best Remake

OK, let's try the flip side of these "worst" threads. What remake completely owned the original?

I think John Carpenter's The Thing was so much better than the original it's ridiculous. I was terrified when I saw the remake, but when I was shown the original with Marshall Matt Dillon as the freakish carrot from outer space, I laughed.

miamomma
    Best Remake would have to be ... The Shining.
    The first one with Jack Nicholson was a travesty.
    The second one was more along the lines of the book.
    C'mon, it's supposed to be scary. The first one was more funny than scary. Any producer that would make a movie that would kill off Scatman Carruthers ought to be .... something bad done to them. hahhah Can't even think of anything bad enough to do to the producers of the original Shining.

FORT Fogey
    I actually think the remake of "Sabrina" was much better than the original, although I love Audrey Hepburn and think she is darling...

I agree with the above three.

The remake of Imitation of Life with Lana Turner was much better than the original, even though I am a fan of the late Claudette Colbert.

FORT Fogey
    I actually preferred the original "Imitation of Life." Also, I didn't really like the fact that in the remake they had a white person play the daughter, whereas they used a light-skinned "Black" person in the original...

I see what you mean. What I liked about the second was that I got to see more of the conflict and turmoil the daughter went through and her pain at the end. I like that actress. The only other movie I remember her from was from "Dino" (nothing to do with the Flinstones); it starred Sal Mineo as the conflicted youth-as usual.

Fade to black
    I know I'm probably alone in this but I liked the American remade versions of Vanilla Sky and The Ring better than their foreign counterparts.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I liked the Ring better than the foreign original. I really liked Vanilla Sky, but I didn't see the original.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I'mShakin4Aiken
    Originally posted by miamomma
    Best Remake would have to be ... The Shining.
    The first one with Jack Nicholson was a travesty.
    The second one was more along the lines of the book.
    C'mon, it's supposed to be scary. The first one was more funny than scary. Any producer that would make a movie that would kill off Scatman Carruthers ought to be .... something bad done to them. hahhah Can't even think of anything bad enough to do to the producers of the original Shining.
    I agree!!!!!

Ocean's Eleven. Hands down.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast