+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duchovny Expects Second 'X-Files' Movie

Duchovny Expects Second 'X-Files' Movie

X-Philes around the world, rejoice!

<--SFG wants to believe

Apr 8, 4:34 PM (ET)

[IMG]images/img/0416_DUCHOVNY.jpg[/IMG]

(AP) David Duchovny, is seen with unidentified cast members in a recent undated publicity photo for his...

LOS ANGELES (AP) - David Duchovny expects that Mulder and Scully will ride again one day. Duchovny said a second big-screen installment of "The X-Files" remains in the works. Though he doesn't know the plot, Duchovny said "X-Files" creator Chris Carter has signed off on the story premise.

"I'm dying to hear it," the 43-year-old actor told The Associated Press in an interview for his new movie "Connie and Carla," starring Nia Vardalos and Toni Collette, which opens April 16. "So now it's just a matter of making sure everybody can get together at the same time and do it."

Duchovny starred as alien-hunting FBI agent Mulder for seven full seasons of "The X-Files," worked part-time for an eighth season and returned for the series finale at the end of season nine.

He and co-star Gillian Anderson, who played Mulder's skeptical partner, Scully, also starred in the 1998 movie version of "The X-Files."

"I'm at the point where I finally miss it," Duchovny said. "I wanted the grind to end, but I never wanted the show just to end. And I'd always had this fantasy and hope that it would be a movie franchise. Hopefully, this second movie will give it a foundation as such."
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

oh please let it happen!
    Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow. --Homer Simpson

Please, please, please
    Maybe they'll find a way to bring back the Lone Gunmen or CSM. So many loose ends remain.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Bring back RATBOY!!! (Oh wait, they killed him off...DAMN, I loved Nicholas Lea)
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Hey, SFG, Krycek is now a semi-regular on CSI. Not the actual Krycek character, of course, but the guy who played him. He's Catherine's new boyfriend. I caught just a flash of him in the preview for a future episode one week, and I was like, "HEY! That's Krycek!"

Another X-Files flick would be cool. I quit watching the show when Mulder left. It would be nice to see him back with Scully again.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Hey, SFG, Krycek is now a semi-regular on CSI. Not the actual Krycek character, of course, but the guy who played him. He's Catherine's new boyfriend. I caught just a flash of him in the preview for a future episode one week, and I was like, "HEY! That's Krycek!"
    HA! I was waiting for his eyes to go black

I also quit watching regularily when Mulder left, but occasionally try to catch the repeats.

What a great show. I'd love to see another movie.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I quit watching the show when Mulder left. It would be nice to see him back with Scully again.

I kept watching but found my eyes glazing over (only not with black oil. ) But I thought the show was total "meh" after Mulder left. I think Duchovny is almost personally responsible for ending that series. I remember reading that part of his conditions for staying would be more script writing. And I thought his scripts were "bleh". The baseball-alien one? Pfffft. :phhht

Love the Lone Gunman!! I almost made a reference to them in my last recap, but couldn't make it work!

I'll be excited if they can make a good second movie.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread