+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hellboy - 04/02

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by weston
    SFG - yeah...like the Watchmen is a filmable product. The new Batman film looks really good though, with Christian Bale AND Gary Oldman AND Liam Neeson in it...and the villian being Ra's Al Ghul, it's going to be hard to beat.
    Last I heard, they tapped Ken Watanabe (oscar nominated supporting actor from The Last Samurai) to play R'as al Ghul.

My problem with Hell Boy is that I don't have the slightest idea what it's supposed to be about. The best measure of success of superhero movies is how well they handle the the non-superpower parts. Spiderman was really good because you cared more if Peter Parker got the girl than if he beat the Green Goblin. I like X-men for pushing its themes of equals rights. Daredevil sucked because it had no point. League sucked because it tried to let its mediocre special effects upstage Alan Moore's ideas. I never read Hell Boy and I have no idea what it's about beyond some big red dude and his mutant buddies. The trailers don't convey anything else. Does anyone know if this movie's going to have any sort of a point?
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

oh i didn't know it was based on a comic book...well that makes a little more sense...cause when i saw the trailers i was like this is totally stupid

PSi
    Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    oh i didn't know it was based on a comic book...well that makes a little more sense...cause when i saw the trailers i was like this is totally stupid
    I said the same thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by weston
    I'm a fan of the comic book, the director(Guillermo del Toro), and Ron Perlman, it should be fun.
    I didn't realize this was directed by Guillermo del Toro! I loved The Devil's Backbone. I'll see it, if for no other reason than that.

Well I just saw this movie tonight and I have to say I didnt really care for it. I think unless you are a die-hard fan of the original comic book series, you can certainly wait for it to come out on DVD. I just didn't get into it

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

My boyfriend and i went and saw the movie the other day and we both really liked it.
    i haven't read the comic and i think people who haven't as well, will like the movie.
    i personally hope there is a sequal.

I also really enjoyed this movie. Also had no idea about the comic book.
    The character of Hellboy is really enjoyable.

FORT Newbie
    I had no idea what the movie is about because i wasn't a fan of the comic.But after watching it,i found that the movie is 'cool'.Definitely gonna start collecting the comic books

Well now I just feel foolish. Hmmph.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12