+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Kill Bill Vol. 2 - 04/16/04

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey Frostelized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,122
    I saw Kill Bill Vol. 1 yesterday and it was EXCELLENT!!

    A lot of it was played for humor I think, especially with the ridiculous blood squirting. My favorite parts in Vol 1. were
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when O-Ren cut the guy's head off and did the little speech about collecting your effin' head, GoGo's whole scene from when she was first introduced to the fight w/ The Bride, especially her 'Hiii' and using that cool ball & chain of hers, and basically the whole Showdown at House of Blue Flowers. The spanking was a really neat touch too. XD Could someone tell me what she said to him? She said something like, This is what you get for ________, now go home to your mother!! And why was he there in the first place?

  2. #12
    Best game ever... ping007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    639
    i watched kill bill 1 and 2 this past weekend. great movies, especially #2. bill (kung fu guy) didn't do it for me but i understand why tarantino wanted him in the movie. i loved the music too, especially ones before and during fight scenes. a must see!!

  3. #13
    FORT Fogey Frostelized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,122
    Hey, could someone tell me if Sofie Fatale and/or Go Go Yubari is in this movie? I heard Sofie only appears in the end during the credits, and Go Go I haven't heard anything about but yet she keeps being listed in the cast credits.

  4. #14
    ::UchinanchU:: RSOkinawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Celebration, FL / Okinawa, JP
    Posts
    24
    Is it just me or what??? I have seen both Vol. 1 & 2. I absolutely loved Vol. 1. However, I was very disappointed in Vol. 2. To me it was simply closure to all of the open-ends that we were left with in Vol. 1. But, even at closure, it still left much to be desired. The guys I saw it with tried to tell me that if I tried to look at them as one complete movie and not two seperate movies (meaning not a sequel), that I would really be able to appreciate it. That still hasn't happened

    Anyway, I just wanted to know if I was the only one who felt disappointed...
    There's no such thing as making too much money or taking too many risks.

  5. #15
    ::UchinanchU:: RSOkinawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Celebration, FL / Okinawa, JP
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9
    ...that the fight between The Bride (don't want to spoil her name of the rest of you guys) and Elle was awesome.
    Can someone please tell me what I missed in The Bride's name?? Why was it bleeped out of the entire Vol.1? And then when they mentioned it in Vol. 2, I didn't know what the big deal was. Did I miss something hear or what
    There's no such thing as making too much money or taking too many risks.

  6. #16
    Best game ever... ping007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Hey, could someone tell me if Sofie Fatale and/or Go Go Yubari is in this movie? I heard Sofie only appears in the end during the credits, and Go Go I haven't heard anything about but yet she keeps being listed in the cast credits.

    frostelized, from what i remember... no, they're not in this movie. they were both definitely in the end credits though.


    Quote Originally Posted by RSOkinawa
    The guys I saw it with tried to tell me that if I tried to look at them as one complete movie and not two seperate movies (meaning not a sequel), that I would really be able to appreciate it. That still hasn't happened
    you definitely have to understand the fact that this is not really a true sequel. it was supposed to be one big movie but it was just too long so they had to break it up into "two" parts.


    Quote Originally Posted by RSOkinawa
    Can someone please tell me what I missed in The Bride's name?? Why was it bleeped out of the entire Vol.1? And then when they mentioned it in Vol. 2, I didn't know what the big deal was. Did I miss something hear or what
    let me know if you find out. i couldn't understand that part either. why did they show uma in a classroom when her name was finally revealed?

  7. #17
    ::UchinanchU:: RSOkinawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Celebration, FL / Okinawa, JP
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    let me know if you find out. i couldn't understand that part either. why did they show uma in a classroom when her name was finally revealed?

    Yeah, that was really strange :rolleyes If anyone has any insight to this, please fill us in.
    There's no such thing as making too much money or taking too many risks.

  8. #18
    Allez les Bleus! Zaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,362
    The way I understood the classroom scene was that you don't usually hear someone's full name said outloud. The place where that occurs often is in classrooms. So maybe Quentin was trying to find a scene that would finally, explicitly, tell us what her name is. The best scene for that would be her classroom. The reason why she is older is that Quentin wanted to hammer it down that that is her name, and that that is her.

    I think he just wanted to be extremely blunt to the audience about her name and found that the only place he could ever catch her full name uttered would be back in her classroom days as after that you don't usually (sometimes never) hear your full name spoken by someone.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

  9. #19
    ::UchinanchU:: RSOkinawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Celebration, FL / Okinawa, JP
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    The way I understood the classroom scene was that you don't usually hear someone's full name said outloud. The place where that occurs often is in classrooms. So maybe Quentin was trying to find a scene that would finally, explicitly, tell us what her name is. The best scene for that would be her classroom. The reason why she is older is that Quentin wanted to hammer it down that that is her name, and that that is her.

    I think he just wanted to be extremely blunt to the audience about her name and found that the only place he could ever catch her full name uttered would be back in her classroom days as after that you don't usually (sometimes never) hear your full name spoken by someone.
    Okay, I'll buy that. But, why in the woeld was her named covered up for both movies all up until the end??? I don't understand what that mystery was supposed to be all about?
    There's no such thing as making too much money or taking too many risks.

  10. #20
    Allez les Bleus! Zaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by RSOkinawa
    Okay, I'll buy that. But, why in the woeld was her named covered up for both movies all up until the end??? I don't understand what that mystery was supposed to be all about?
    I think it was just a gimmick used by the director for a little mystery. Part of the joke he played on us was going from a mysterious identity about her that it seemed we would have to hunt down/earn, to explicitly telling us what her name is, and dedicating a whole scene to it.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.