+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies so bad you left the theatre...

Fade to black
    I was really disappointed by Full Frontal. I loved Soderbergh prior to that - he let me (and I imagine a lot of people) down with that film. I didn't walk out though, I suffered through it.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I remember walking out of one of the Batman movies- Batman 2, i think...Freddy got fingered was the worst!

I must be the only person who liked Full Frontal. Once in a while I want a good quirky movie about people more neurotic than myself.

My husband and I walked out of a Will Smith movie a couple of years ago, Wild Wild West. We had our young son with us and we just didn't think it was appropriate. Also thought it was kind of gross and weird. I was so disappointed because I love Will Smith! But the movie was just awful.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

I love looking at Paul Walker but,
    The Fast and The Furious...
    I just didn't like it.
    I saw it on DVD - I wouldn't have walked out on it but, my daughter saw it about 20 times.
    And almost everyone I know liked it a lot.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

I cant recall ever walking out of a theater before, but i have fallen asleep before.

There has been various movies, that we have shut off within the first 10 minutes before. Those are usually the B horror flicks, my boyfriend has a real nack for picking out bombs.

dvm, I actually loved "The Hours"! And, BF, I laughed heartily at "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion."

I understand what you mean, though, about having high expectations. I walked out of "Star Wars: Episode One" because I wasn't prepared and primed. If I'd have waited a week, after other viewers said it didn't live up to the original trilogy, I might have enjoyed it. (The original trilogy defined my childhood, you see.) For "SW: Episode Two" I waited until the film played at the dollar theater and went in with low, low expectations and enjoyed it!!!

Another movie I walked out of was "Marie: Baie des Anges." Although the scenery (French Riviera) in the film is beautiful, the story features the relationship between a teenage French pro (exploitive?) and an American sailor (who is very stereotypically portrayed). It just didn't do it for me.

I almost walked out of American Werewolf In Paris.
    Last edited by WOLF74; 04-01-2003 at 04:39 PM.

Originally posted by fluff
    If you are going to walk out of a moive, do it in the first ten minutes. I don't know if the rule is the same in the US, but they'll refund if you walk out in under ten here.
    I've walked out within the first 30 minutes & got my money back. I think it depends on the theater or how far along the movie is when you walk. I've left movies before & got a voucher to see another movie & other times I've gotten my $ back.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I took my little brother to see pokemon in the theaters and I fell asleep, lol.

+ Reply to Thread