+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Movies so bad you left the theatre...

I usually rent movies instead of going to the theatre but my friends told me I just had to see the movie Jackass...all I can say as I am glad that they rented it and not me......I thought it was a stupid movie.

Blair Witch I tried watching, didn't like it, seemed like a waste of time.

Van Helsing is the worst piece of cr@p I've ever seen. I would have walked out but I was laughing too hard. Plus, I kept hoping that Hugh Jackman would take off his shirt ... but then he did and I still hated the movie. I didn't want my money back. I wanted my two hours back!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey
    Oh man-- I just rented Day After Tomorrow. I knew it was terrible, but I love Jake Gyllenhaal, so I saw it anyway. TERRIBLE MOVIE! So unbelievable...

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    It wasn't a theater, and it wasn't me, but I took a copy of "Brazil" over to my in-laws once, and while NOT ALL of them got up and left, they eyeballed me somewhat differently after that, muttering at moments under their breath.
    Oh, now THERE'S one that I walked out on. It was showing on our college campus in one of the large classrooms... and... horrid.

And one of my English Lit profs thought it would be a fabulous thing to show "A Clockwork Orange" in class. I ran, not walked, out of class (I had been raped less than a year before.. not a good movie to watch!) and from that point on I demanded that he give me a list of the movies with a minor synopsis prior to any other "surprise" class session.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I've never actually walked out of a film, I don't like to waste money, because going to the movies isn't cheap...but I almost walked out of a film my friend dragged me to a few years ago (OUT COLD) , such a silly movie :phhht. I usually don't pick such stupid comedies to see at the movies, I like comedies, but that was something I could watch on tv.

I have to agree with those that said The Day After Tomorrow was awful. When you watch a movie with low expectations and you're still extremely disappointed, it's got to be pretty bad. :rolleyes

Am I the ONLY person in the world who didn't like "A River Runs Through It"? My sister made me watch it and I thought it was soooo boring, but I'm always hearing it mentioned as someone's favorite movie. HUH?

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    It wasn't a theater, and it wasn't me, but I took a copy of "Brazil" over to my in-laws once, and while NOT ALL of them got up and left, they eyeballed me somewhat differently after that, muttering at moments under their breath.
    I got the same reaction from my family when I made them watch "Being John Malkovich. " They obviously didn't see the brilliance in the film.

I also should have walked out on "The Day After Tomorrow," but the cheesy dialogue was priceless and hilarious.

I've never walked out of a movie, nor have I ever stopped watching a tape. This is probably because I have a lower standard for movies that provoke dicussions. Any movie that takes risks and tries to deal with any issue is ok with me, bad or not. It will at least spark discussions with others and lead to "what would you do in that situation" questions. I think the worst movies are the ones that do not evoke anything and are "ride" movies such as the mass produced Hollywood action flicks. But I don't usually walk out of those either, and usually decide to "enjoy the ride" -- knowing full well that the next day I'll have forgotten anything about the movie, making it much less valuable than the other kinds of movies.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

What's that movie called that has Penelope Cruz in it with Matt Damon(?) that came out several years ago -- All The Pretty Horses or something like that. Anyway, it has Horse in the title. (Sorry, there I go again forgetting names). My friend and I rented it, and we HATED it. Very slow, very dull, just BAD. We kept thinking it would get better so we left it on, but we were in misery the whole way through. :rolleyes Thank gawd I didn't pay theater price for that one.

+ Reply to Thread