+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Movies so bad you left the theatre...

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    I would never walk out in a movie theater, unless maybe I was in a very back aisle seat and could make a stealthy exit. Honestly, I think it's disrespectful, but I know there's no rule of social etiquette stopping anyone.
    Who would you be disrespecting??? And how would anyone know the difference between you leaving the movie and you having to use the ladies room??

I generally don't leave a movie theater because I tend to hold out hope that somehow it'll all get better, but it generally never does. In truly horrible movies like "Solaris" I choose to just go to sleep instead.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Who would you be disrespecting??? And how would anyone know the difference between you leaving the movie and you having to use the ladies room?.
    You paid for entertainment. It wasn't entertaining. So as long as you snuck out quietly and discreetly, no harm done to anyone. Well, unless it was premiere night and you were sitting right next to the director/actor/producer, then...maybe.

On topic: Freddy Got Fingered. My god that was painful. We left approx. half-way through, after realizing it was a sunk cost anyhow, and spent the next half hour ranting at the inanities of the Hollywood machinary that would even allow such an atrocity to be distributed.
    Last edited by nausicaa; 10-24-2004 at 09:50 PM.

I really wanted to walk out on Waking Life.

I couldnt handle it and almost fell asleep.

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom
    I have turned several movies off at home, but the only one I ever walked out of was From Dusk til Dawn. My hubby walked out of the Crying Game (I still haven't seen it). Now that we have small children, we choose our movies VERY carefully as babysitters are expensive!

my boyfriend at the time walked out of the Crying Game....the scene of the hot woman being a man was too much for him he kept talking thru the movie about how hot she was.

as a teen, i walked out of King Ralph. but as an adult, i stay even if the movie stinks....it's my money that i spent, not my dad's.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

FORT Fan
    Me Myself & Irene - I couldn't sit through another second of that movie....I was really close to walking out of The Chronicles Of Riddick, I loved Pitch Black, and Vin D., but that movie was terrible.......and Envy, I think I fell asleep through that one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I generally don't leave a movie theater because I tend to hold out hope that somehow it'll all get better, but it generally never does. In truly horrible movies like "Solaris" I choose to just go to sleep instead.
    I feel the same way about movies. One movie I should have walked out on was The Day After Tomorrow. The movie was completely ridiculous. :phhht

Oh. I really got quite absorbed by Solaris. Each to their own, I guess.
    And if you go to Any Emmerich movie... Godzilla, ID4, Universal Soldier, Day After Tomorrow... expecting a movie that isn't illogical and ridiculous, then you are an eternal optimist.

I've never walked out on a movie, but I've mentally made shopping lists or organised dinner rather than focus on what was on the screen.

I remember walking out on that Madonna movie. I think it was called 'Truth or Dare'. I was a young teen.

My date wanted to walk out on 'Boogie Nights'. I think he was umm, 'uncomfortable'

And, I walked out on 'Maid in Manhattan'. Just horrible. J.Lo movies stink.

It wasn't a theater, and it wasn't me, but I took a copy of "Brazil" over to my in-laws once, and while NOT ALL of them got up and left, they eyeballed me somewhat differently after that, muttering at moments under their breath.

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    I don't believe I've ever walked out on any movie but I was seriously thinking about it when I watched 'Sleepless in Seattle'...
    Thank you! I live in Seattle and I hated that movie, or as I like to call it, a treacly pile of chick-flick cliches.

I walked out on Barry Lyndon, which is probably older than most of the people on the boards. It was a dull-as-dirt period piece starring Ryan O'Neal.

Salome, I tend to agree with the others. I'm a huge arts supporter, but we're under no obligation to sit there in misery to show "respect" for the filmmaker.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread