+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Movies so bad you left the theatre...

If I would have seen it in the theater, I would have walked out of "Blow". What a long, boring, overrated piece of crap (in my opinion, don't throw rocks )
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by aceiling
    I walked out on "Misery" - not because it was bad, but because I was really stressed at the time and that movie is so intense.
    Your post made me remember that I walked out on "The War of the Roses" because they started hurting each other's pets. I had lost a cat not long before and I couldn't handle any discussion of hurt animals. Still can't.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Okay I *rarely* walk out of movies, but I did leave a showing of Joe's Apartment (Jerry O'Connell and some roaches) years ago. I didn't mind cos I worked at the cinema and it didn't cost me anything but 20 minutes of my life.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Reds.

Many, many years ago. We tried, but it just went on and on and on. Fortunately, it was just in one of those cheapie theaters so we didn't waste a lot of money.

There've been others I probably would have if it hadn't been for the person/people I was with wanting to see it.

Not one to walk out.....but my family's rented a bunch that I wasn't able to make it through.
    Tootsie
    Little Nicky
    Waterboy
    Bring it On
    Sweet Home Alabama
    It's Pat
    Dick Tracy
    You've Got Mail
    Dumb and Dumberer
    Vanilla Sky
    Chicago
    Muriel's Wedding
    Hard to Hold
    Pulp Fiction
    American Beauty
    A Christmas Story
    Being John Malkovich
    Starsky and Hutch
    The Bodyguard
    Waiting to Exhale
    Waterworld

A Christmas Story is a classic. It's the perfect story of practically all our lives when we were kids during Christmas. How far we would go to get that one special toy for Christmas that our parents refused to get us. The father? So the picture of so many fathers in America. You know the "I can fix anything even though I really can't fix anything but I'll pretend I can because I'm the man and that's what the man does. Fixes things." kind of guy. I loved that movie. I can't go a Christmas season without watching it at least twice.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I just read my own post and I thought it was funny how I described the father in that movie. How many of us know men like that? My husband isn't like that (he really can fix stuff) but I do know other guys like that.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Has anyone seen Wes Craven's "The Last House on the Left?" I truly feel that it is the worst movie ever made. I rented it with a group of friends, and about 10 minutes into the film I knew we had made a huge mistake, but figured there was no way it could get any worse. I was wrong!!

That's 80 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Oh, and "The Cat in the Hat" and "Club Dread" are two films I should have walked out on, but I have a ridiculous need to see things through to the end.

LOVE A Christmas Story. We watch it every year with my husband's family sometime during the holidays and we laugh every time. (We are simple people, ha!)

HATED The English Patient. We saw it the first weekend it came out, and I had read all the glowing reports about it. My husband and I went, and I kept thinking, "all the reviewers loved it, it's got to get better in just a few minutes". WELL, of course, it never did. What a crappy movie. Loved that Seinfeld did an episode about how everyone loved it but them.

We rented the "Whole 10 Yards", or some such nonsense with Matthew Perry (I normally like him) and Bruce Willis (can't stand him). It sucked major! We turned it off after about 15 minutes. :phhht
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Regular
    The only one I have ever walked out of was "Magnolia." I liked a lot of the actors in it but I hated the movie.

+ Reply to Thread