+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Movies so bad you left the theatre...

I would never walk out of a theatre. I don't like to waste my money. Besides, you never know. It might turn out good.

But a friend of mine walked out of Butterfly Effect. :-p

I walked out of "Natural Born Killers." I should have known what I was getting into with an Oliver Stone movie, but nooooooo I had to go along with the crowd. Ugh, that was bad.

We recently viewed two movies on OnDemand. First, "Radio." I wanted to turn it off. "We're not teachin' Radio. Radio's been teachin' us." BARF!! Cuba Gooding will do ANYTHING for a paycheck. My wife, however, liked it.

Then, "Lost in Translation." I thoroughly enjoyed, mostly for Bill Murry and the exotic Tokyo atmosphere. My wife hated it and said there was no plot (ok, there wasn't). Then we got into a big, "Radio is better!", "No, Lost in Translation was better" argument.

I don't believe I've ever walked out on any movie but I was seriously thinking about it when I watched 'Sleepless in Seattle' and 'Showgirls'.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Anchorman-- Totally overhyped and totally awful.

FORT Fan
    Kangaroo Jack.

As far as i can remember I never walked out of a movie. But recently I did stop watching Secret Window with Johnny Depp about 15 minutes into it, and then fastforwarded to the end just to see the punch.

I've never walked out of a theatre, but I fell asleep during The Firm. When we rented the Lion King, we were so bored, we fast-forwarded through all the songs....hahahahahaha. Dumb and Dumber - my sister swore it was so stupid as to be funny. I watched about 30 minutes and turned it off.

Alright, I do remember walking out on one now.... The Animal with Rob Schreiner. AWFUL!! :phhht

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd
    I walked out of "Natural Born Killers." I should have known what I was getting into with an Oliver Stone movie, but nooooooo I had to go along with the crowd. Ugh, that was bad.

We recently viewed two movies on OnDemand. First, "Radio." I wanted to turn it off. "We're not teachin' Radio. Radio's been teachin' us." BARF!! Cuba Gooding will do ANYTHING for a paycheck. My wife, however, liked it.

Then, "Lost in Translation." I thoroughly enjoyed, mostly for Bill Murry and the exotic Tokyo atmosphere. My wife hated it and said there was no plot (ok, there wasn't). Then we got into a big, "Radio is better!", "No, Lost in Translation was better" argument.
    "Lost" is loosely based on Sofia Coppola's own experiences, so it is a bit of "an inside joke". She is an amazing director, and thoroughly deserved to win an Academy Award for that film. If you haven't seen "The Virgin Suicides", also directed by Sofia Coppola, you NEED to!

I might have disliked "Natural Born Killers" a little more if it hadn't featured Juliette Lewis, one of my favorite actors!

I haven't seen too many crappy movies in the cinema because I have had the good sense after seeing the trailer to know whether something was sh*t or not. There was a couple of movies that I did see though that I should've walked out, mainly because of where I was sitting and because the images on the screen made me sick.

1. The Blair Witch Project
    2. Ali
    3. Twister

There was one movie "Troll" that I walked out on for a while because it scared the bejeezus out of me. At age 5, I had a fear of small beings like myself that were evil and could kill. But after a couple of minutes, I went back inside. Finally, there was really only one movie that was so bad, that I'd wish I'd walked out on:

ZOOLANDER

+ Reply to Thread