+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Movies so bad you left the theatre...

Bad Santa. Turned it off less than half way through.

This is going to sound stupid now, but we left Boiling Point. At the time, Wesley Snipes was doing some interesting things, and you had Dennis Hopper. "How could this possibly suck?" we asked before sitting down to this film. Well, that's the neat thing about Hollywood, I guess--they make the impossible, possible.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

The most recent was Punch Drunk Love

And it killed me to do it beacause I loved Magnolia and tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. But It just sucked so bad I couldn't take it anymore........

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    The Notebook. Sometimes I can totally escape into these romantic love fests, but not this one. I had to leave when I realized that I actually didn't want the whiny, stupid protaganists to get together. Blech!

The Sweetest Thing" got turned off after 45 minutes or so. It was so bad it made some of Cameron Diaz's other films look good.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I dunno if I mentioned it but when I was watching Get Carter the remake w/ Sly Stallone on VHS the movie was sooooooo dull.... I pressed rewind on the player.... :phhht

As for the topic on hand I NEVER left a theater even if the moved was awful......

My roomates just vacated at Kill Bill v1.... The gore was just too much.... I could have done the same but I am gonna sit right thru the film but will I rewatch it again? Probably noooooo

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjfrias
    Bad Santa. Turned it off less than half way through.
    Bad Santa was hilarious! One of the funniest movies in my library....but hey, I could see why people would get turned off with the cursing and all the sex jokes...

I think I have only walked out of one movie...which was a James Bond Movie...the one with hale berry/madonna I believe....so boring!

I rented this dumb Jamie Kennedy movie and could not stand to watch the entire thing..I think it was Malibu's most wanted :rolleyes

Other stinkers I wish I could have left, but unfortunately was with friends was Soul Plane and Matrix 2.

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    This REALLY dates me, but actually the one and only movie I ever walked out on was The Last Detail, with Jack Nicholson and Randy Quaid...it was boring, went nowhere and we just got sick of it. And a movie has to be REALLY awful for me to not watch the whole thing on video....my tolerance for swill is extremely high......that being said (to quote Batchelor Blob and eye-rolling Rachel) I turned off Lost in Translation, cuz I got sick of waiting for something to happen....wondrous reviews notwithstanding. And another oldie...The Gods Must Be Crazy....was supposed to be this hilariously funny thing....never cracked a smile, turned it off too. Managed to make it through The Sweetest Thing and Legally Blonde2,Red White and Blonde but they were both horrible.
    Cake or Death?

I walked out on Blair Witch (got my money back too )

Couldn't take As Good As it Gets, the WORST MOVIE EVER! My goodness, does the academy even watch the drivel they nominate or just look at the check from the studio? It was horrid in every sense of the word, and every single aspect.

Wanted to walk out on The Game, Matrix Two, Twister, Phenomenom, Michael, but was with someone so couldn't. Oh yeah, JAde with David Caruso, got free tickts to that, wanted to walk out but again - with people so didn't.

Glitter you seem awfully picky on the movies you have listed....
    As Good As It Gets was darn good! Nicholson's finest....
    The Game did have a Slooooooow start but at a certain point the pacing finally picks up but was pretty flick overall. Matrix Reloaded the only highlight was the highway chase scence..Jade also similar to The Game, very slooow start....

+ Reply to Thread