+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Movies so bad you left the theatre...

A movie I really wish I would have walked out on was Cat in the Hat. That movie was horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway

I'm such a wuss. Even if the movie is horrible, if I left I'd be wondering "well, what if it got better?" So I stay and die a slow, miserable temporary death. Afterwards I have to go kill a few brain cells just to let the rest of them know that I'm truly sorry for the torture that I put them through.
    Oh my gosh, that is so me. I can't ever bring myself to actually leave. I turned off "Bats" when I rented it. Also "Super Troopers". Good god. If I ever want to atone for some great sin, I will rent them and finish them both.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I hate to walk out on a movie after I'ver spent the bucks to get in. I DID walk out on Andy Warhol's Frankenstein in 3D. Ah, Blood and Guts in 3D; 'nuff said.
    My best friend and I walked out of Big Top Pee Wee, but we couldn't actually leave the theater because our kids were inside , we just hung around at the candy counter until they found us and drug us back in.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I've never walked out of a movie, but theres been a couple that bored me so much that I've slept through them or turned them off very quickly...

1-Master of Disguise~Movie looked soo cute, I got the chance to see what "looks are deceiving" really means. I hated that movie.

2-The Others~It's pretty bad that the previews scared me more than the actual movie.. I almost fell asleep.

3-Meet The Parents~I just didn't get it at all.. it was definetly one of the worst movies I've seen.

4-Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood~Ugh, I hated this movie.. I did not get the point whatsoever.
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

The Others
    Apollo 13
    Sugar and Spice
    Meet the Parents
    Brazil
    These are some of my favourite movies.

Filmmaker and TV Fan
    A policy of mine as a film maker, lover, and critic is to never walk out of a film. I owe it to the directors to absorb their full experience, whether I enjoy it or not.

People don't realize how much effort realy needs to go into watching a film. You get so much more from it if you really, really pay attention. Block out everything else. Listen to it, watch it, watch the lighting, watch the art direction. It is an absolutely amazing thing, which is why I got into it.

FORT Regular
    I won't walk out of a movie because I paid too much to waste it. I went to see Matrix 2 with my 15 yr old because he needed an adult to see a Rated R film, but I wanted to stop watching it well before it was over. I hadn't seen the first Matrix, so the second was nothing more than eye candy, since I didn't know the plot (and didn't care.)

I LOVE Romy and Michelle! The BEST part of the whole movie is the scene where Romy and Michele dance with the guy- forgot his name- ten minutes before the end. That entire section almost seems to have nothing to do with the rest of the movie, but, man, is it neat!

Someone walked out of Apollo 13? That was one of the most nail biting movies I've ever seen! To each his own, though!

I have never walked out of a movie, because bad movies don't really cause me discomfort or pain. When some people said that a movie was so horrible that they couldn't stay and watch it because it hurt so much, I had always assumed they were exaggerating or joking but turns out lots of them are serious! They literally had to go! I don't know - bad movies don't have that effect on me. If they're really bad I do a Mystery Science Theater 3000 skit in my head and it's all good.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DeustheFilmGuy
    A policy of mine as a film maker, lover, and critic is to never walk out of a film. I owe it to the directors to absorb their full experience, whether I enjoy it or not.

People don't realize how much effort realy needs to go into watching a film. You get so much more from it if you really, really pay attention. Block out everything else. Listen to it, watch it, watch the lighting, watch the art direction. It is an absolutely amazing thing, which is why I got into it.
    I agree for the most part. I took a course on film at the University of Texas that explained lighting and camera angles. Even if I don't like the film it's interesting to see what the Director is trying to portray.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

JR.
    The only one I remember walking out of was "Blow". I found the movie a bit boring, and it seemed to never end.

+ Reply to Thread