+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of the Dead - 03/19/04

Dawn of the Dead - 03/19/04

Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Synopsis: A re-envisioning of George Romero's apocalyptic horror classic, "Dawn of the Dead": An unexplained plague has decimated the world's population--and yet, the dead aren't dying. They've become zombies, stalking endlessly in a quest to feed on the flesh and blood of the few remaining living. A ragtag group of desperate survivors in a Wisconsin town seek refuge in a large indoor mall, where they must learn not only to protect themselves from the ever-increasing zombie horde, but also to co-exist with each other as a last bastion of humanity. Sealed off from the rest of what used to be the world, the group uses every available resource, in their against-all-odds fight, to remain alive and human.
    Statistics
    Genre(s): Horror, Remake, Thriller Rating: MPAA R: pervasive strong horror violence and gore, language and sexuality Runtime: Not available Theatrical Release: 03/19/2004

Cast & Role
    Sarah Polley - Ana
    Ving Rhames - Kenneth
    Jake Weber - Michael
    Mekhi Phifer - Andre
    Ty Burrell - Steve
    Michael Kelly - CJ
    Kevin Zegers - Terry
    Michael Barry - Bart

Crew & Credit
    Zack Snyder - Director
    Marc Abraham - Producer

I saw the original and then saw this one and the new version scared me more than the original,my wife said it left her thinking "what if"?
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

All I got to say is stay until the VERY END... Stay till the end of the credits...
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Exactly
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Oh crap! I ran out as soon as the credits came on. Can someone post that as a spoiler or send me a PM? Now I need to know.

I only saw it because my teenage nieces and nephew wanted to go see it really bad, so I took them. Not a good movie, but good for a cheap thrill.

******SPOILER ALERT***** AFTER CREDIT ENDING!!!!!!

Click to see Spoiler:
    They are on the boat and get to the island and low and behold -DEAD PEOPLE!!
    YOU DON'T KNOW IF THEY LIVE OR DIE.
    Last edited by Wolf; 03-23-2004 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks, alisasmg. I hoped that you don't mind that I used the spoiler brackets on your posts, alias. This morning a friend of mine who also saw it told what I missed.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Ugh...that ending totally sucks, though. After all that they went through to get to the marina just so they can encounter lots more of those zombies in the island. I wanted to at least think that those 4 survived, but from what my friend tells me, it doesn't look like they do. Were there any survivors or possibility of survivors in the original movie? Just curious. I prefer movies to end with a little hope, at least.

Wolf - The new Dawn of the Dead is less remake and more revisioning. The only similarities are zombies and mall, and the zombies are more "28 days later" than Romero's original zombies.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Thanks, alisasmg. I hoped that you don't mind that I used the spoiler brackets on your posts, alias. This morning a friend of mine who also saw it told what I missed.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Ugh...that ending totally sucks, though. After all that they went through to get to the marina just so they can encounter lots more of those zombies in the island. I wanted to at least think that those 4 survived, but from what my friend tells me, it doesn't look like they do. Were there any survivors or possibility of survivors in the original movie? Just curious. I prefer movies to end with a little hope, at least.
    no prob Wolf

I want to see this, but I'll probably have nightmares for all eternity so I just read spoilers so I can get the gist of it

Could someone tell me the deaths in the movie? I love reading about those in horror flicks O.o

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast