+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 03/19/04

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 03/19/04

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

Synopsis: Joel is stunned to discover that his girlfriend Clementine has had the memories of their tumultuous relationship erased. Out of desperation, he contacts the inventor of the process, Dr. Howard Mierzwiak, to have Clementine removed from his own memory. But as Joel's memories progressively begin to disappear, he begins to discover their earlier passion. From deep within the recesses of his brain, Joel attempts to escape the procedure. As Dr. Mierzwiak and his crew chase him through the maze of his memories, it's clear that Joel can't get Clementine out of his head.

Statistics
    Genre(s): Comedy, Fantasy, Romance Rating: MPAA R: for language, some drug use, and sexual content. Runtime: 108 mins. Theatrical Release: 03/19/2004

Cast & Role
    Jim Carrey - Joel Barish
    Kate Winslet - Clementine Kruczynski
    Kirsten Dunst - Mary
    Elijah Wood - Patrick
    Mark Ruffalo - Stan
    Ryan Whitney - Young Joel Barish
    Tom Wilkinson - Dr Howard Mierzwiak
    Deidre O'Connell- Hollis

Crew & Credit
    Michel Gondry - Director
    Steve Golin - Producer

First off i wish i didnt read the 1st draft of the script. Because I already had a vision in my head before the movie of how it was gonna be and it turned out to be completely different. And i loved the original ending.

But i did think the movie was fantastic (after seeing it anyways). During the movie i thought it wasnt great (because of reading the script) but after it was over i thought it was great! And i think that this was the first romantic comedy that i almost cried during (and the sad thing was that i knew what was going to happen : ).

***/****
    I would have probally gave it ****/**** if they kept the original ending.

FORT Fan
    Saw it tonight but I can't give it a rating yet. Got to give it some time to sink in. I want to read the first draft of the script now. There's a link in Drew's Script-o-rama that claims to be the Final Draft, but it's doesn't look like the movie I just watched. Was this the same as the early draft you're talking about?
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kchamber
    Saw it tonight but I can't give it a rating yet. Got to give it some time to sink in. I want to read the first draft of the script now. There's a link in Drew's Script-o-rama that claims to be the Final Draft, but it's doesn't look like the movie I just watched. Was this the same as the early draft you're talking about?

That is the first draft.
    Here is a link to where you can find the same script but its easier to read (IMO)
    http://www.beingcharliekaufman.com/index.htm?top.htm&0

I would like to see this movie. Even though he is a comedian, I think that Jim Carey is a very good dramatic actor.

I'm going to see this movie soon. Jim Carrey is my fav. actor.

I saw the movie last weekend and I really liked it. I was iffy on it at first because I usually only go to see chic flicks, but once you get into the movie (after 15 mins) then you really can understand what is happening and I this movie really made you think.

PSi
    Did not like this film.
    Thought Carey's acting carried the film, without him, the movie would be nothing.
    But the origional script ending was better, and i found the characters to be unsympathetic.

I saw it again yesterday and this veiwing was even better.

9/10

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    I saw this movie this weekend. I thought that it was one of the most intense, real (in a certain way), interesting movies I have seen in a long time. Jim and Kate were both great - I was absolutely involved in their struggle by the end. The concept was neat too - my philosophy buddies and I have been thinking about memory a lot and this movie crystalized some of the issues for me, i.e., what is "real" if it isn't remembered, how much control over memories do you have, if memory by it's very nature is imperfect and changable then what are we really remembering.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast