+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Jimmy Show - 12/13

The Jimmy Show - 12/13

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Jimmy O'Brien works in the stockroom of a grocery store, where he is reminded of his powerlessness by his boss. Only his love for his wife offers him comfort, however, their obligations both to Jimmy's invalid grandmother and to their new baby stifle their dreams. It is not until Jimmy ends up at open-mike night at the local comedy club that he allows himself to do what he needs to do--run off at the mouth.
    Cast and role:

Frank Whaley - Jimmy O'Brien
    Carla Gugino - Annie
    Ethan Hawke - Ray
    Lynn Cohen - Ruth
    Jillian Stacom - Wendy
    Robert Whaley - Mr Slocum

Rated: R
    "That's Numberwang!"

This looks like an interesting movie, too. I probably won't see it in theaters, but it'll be a good DVD rental.

It's directed by the star, Frank Whaley and I agree that it could be a good tale.
    Hopefully the director won't get too self-indulgent as this is obviously a pet project of his.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Pass!

If this one is going to make it, it will need massive word of mouth support.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I have never heard of this, but want to see some kind of preview before I decide.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

This movie started out as an Indie film, and opened in Toronto and Sundance last year.

It's based on an off-Broadway play called "Veins and Thumbtacks". It was shot in 2000, with a budget of just over $1 million. Frank Whaley (who directed "Joe the King") is in all but one scene, and was hit by a car during the filming (but not seriously injured). It's only opening in NY/LA this weekend, but is scheduled to expand to other cities.

I think it's more along the distribution lines of MBFGW.

+ Reply to Thread