+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evelyn - 12/13

Evelyn - 12/13

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: A drama based on the true story of Desmond Doyle and his young children, Evelyn, Maurice and Dermot. Abandoned by his wife, Doyle does his best to make it as a single dad, raising his kids alone in Ireland in 1953. Their life isn't easy--but above all else in the world, Doyle loves his children. Unfortunately, when his wife's mother reports her daughter's abandonment to the authorities, the power of the Church and the Irish courts take his children away and put them in orphanages. Doyle is devastated. Vowing to reunite his family, he enlists the help of new friend Bernadette Beattie, her solicitor brother Michael, their American lawyer friend Nick and Nick's mentor Tom Connolly. Together they attempt to do what has never been done before--challenge a law before the Irish Supreme Court. Doyle's fight to keep his family intact becomes an uplifting testament to the strength of a father's love and the power of the human spirit.
    Cast and role:

Pierce Brosnan - Desmond Doyle
    Sophie Vavasseur - Evelyn Doyle
    Julianna Margulies - Bernadette Beattie
    Stephen Rea - Michael Beattie
    Aidan Quinn - Nick Barron
    Alan Bates - Thomas Connolly
    John Lynch - Wolfe
    Hugh MacDonagh - Maurice Doyle

Rated: PG
    "That's Numberwang!"

This looks like an interesting story. I can't believe Pierce Brosnan has 2 movies in theaters - they have the potential to be fighting for #1. How strange.

This movie has a great cast imo.

I love Alan Bates, Aidan unii and Stephen Rae so I find this one appealing from the get go.
    I can see me getting very angry and upset during this movie though as the Church in involved.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sounds like a very powerful and emotional movie. Great cast. I like Pierce (strange since I don't like 007 movies), Stephen, Julianna, and Aidan.

+ Reply to Thread