+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Secret Window - 03/12/04

The Secret Window - 03/12/04

The Secret Window (2004)

Synopsis:*Though he knows he should be at his computer writing another book, or at least walking his dog along the sparkling lake outside his dingy cabin, successful author Mort Rainey is sleeping on his favorite sofa for up to 16 hours a day. He is in the midst of a painful divorce and everything about the breakup has turned messy and unpleasant. It has sapped his energy and siphoned away his creativity, leaving him with a monumental case of writer's block that renders him incapable of even stringing a simple sentence together. Then, when it seems as if things can't possibly get worse, a psychotic stranger named John Shooter shows up at his doorstep, accuses Rainey of plagiarizing his story and demands satisfaction. Despite Rainey's efforts to placate him, Shooter becomes increasingly insistent and hostile, intimating a twisted sort of justice that could include cold-blooded murder. Forced into a mind-bending game of cat and mouse, Rainey discovers that he has more cunningness and gritty determination than he ever imagined. In the end, he realizes that elusive Shooter may know him better than he knows himself. *

Statistics
    Genre(s): Adaptation, Drama, Horror, Thriller Rating: MPAA PG-13: violence/terror, sexual content and language. Runtime:*Not available Theatrical Release: 03/12/2004

Cast & Role
    *Johnny Depp - Mort Rainey
    *John Turturro - Shooter
    *Maria Bello Amy - Rainey
    *Timothy Hutton - Ted Milner
    *Charles S Dutton - Ken Karsch
    *Len Cariou - Sheriff Dave Newsome
    *Joan Heney - Mrs Garvey
    *John Dunn-Hill - Tom Greenleaf

Crew & Credit
    *David Koepp - Director
    *Gavin Polone - Producer

Eh, could be worse

This, and The Langoliers (had high hopes for that one. Oh well), both originate from Stephen King's Four Past Midnight.

Every time I re-read FPM, I forget what Secret Window was about. It's that forgettable. (Hey, the trailer just came on the TV. Ha.)

But at least it isn't The Sun Dog or The Library Policeman.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I think this sounds pretty good. Might catch it.

PSi
    The Langoliers wasn't a bad story, it just happened to have been made into a movie way before its time. Pac Man figures does not a scary character make.
    As for this, it was good. Since it's PG-13, it's not very scary....but it was good.

I thought that the Langoliers was an okay movie but, I did enjoy the book more.

PSi, I like your penguins! It would be nice to have that under the animal lovers thread under the general discussion forum.

PSi
    and as soon as i had it, it was taken away by the admins *shakes fist*

We went and saw this yesterday. It was pretty good; Johnny Depp did a really good job, but the story itself was just a little too bizarre.
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

I actually really liked this movie. I saw it with a friend yesterday and though it was a bit bizarre, I was really satisfied with the ending and it was odd, but I was actually rooting for the villain.

+ Reply to Thread