+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March Movie Releases

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TNGirlie27
    Was that you trying to be sarcastic? I like to know what's being released each month, and I just thought someone else might like it too. I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes, or create useless threads. If what I did in this thread isn't needed, could a moderator please tell me to stop? I don't appreciate working on something, and then someone making smart comments.
    In any case, I wish I haven't post that post at all. I thought you did a great job, but kinda abit disappointed with how you can actually react to a small comment.

FORT Regular
    I'm sorry. It was a misunderstand on my part. I've been to so many message boards where they don't accept new people. I love to research, and I love movies, and I love knowing what's going to be released and who's starring in them, because I can't afford to go to all new movies released. I jumped to conclusions when I read your post because on so many message boards I've been to, people have flammed any new person who tries to post anything.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding. I also didn't realize that was a WOW! smilie..lol. I thought it was a rolling eyes smilie.

Again, I'm so sorry.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Okay I'm alright with it.

Well as a punishment, you might post here every month on the new movies each month ?

FORT Regular
    Ok, I still have to finish up some march releases..so watch for the updates.

FORT Regular
    A Foreign Affair (NYC,LA)

Two brothers go on one of those Russian "romance tours" in hopes of finding a wife, or two, to help with the household chores.

Starring: Tim Blake Nelson, David Arquette, Emily Mortimer, Lois Smith, Larry Pine, Megan Follows
    Directed by: Helmut Schleppi
    Last edited by TNGirlie27; 03-12-2004 at 09:39 AM.

FORT Regular
    Shaolin Soccer (NYC,LA)

The action comedy SHAOLIN SOCCER has become the all-time most successful Hong Kong production ever--in part due to its eye-popping action, crazy special effects and wicked humor. The film has shattered box office figures throughout Asia and has won many awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor and Best Visual Effects at the Hong Kong Film Awards.

Stephen Chow, who has appeared in over 50 films, is arguably, the most famous and loved comedian in Asia today. Often referred to as the "Jim Carrey of the East," Chow has made 5 of the top 10 highest grossing films in Hong Kong, with SHAOLIN SOCCER being #1. Chow is most known for his clever parodies and has used his razor-sharp wit to spoof James Bond ("From Beijing with Love"), Chow Yun Fat ("All for the Winner"), Bruce Lee ("Fist of Fury '91"), and even himself ("Forbidden City Cop"). This multi-talented comedian produced, directed, wrote, and edited SHAOLIN SOCCER as well as acted in the lead role, performing his own stunts.

Shaolin was an art practiced through the ages; a skill mastered in the heart. In SHAOLIN SOCCER, it is so much more than a philosophy for six young believers. It is a complete way of life. But as the world changed around them, and Honor and Discipline become forgotten virtues, they lose their way --except for one loyal follower, Sing (Chow). With the help of a former soccer star, he reunites his old, out of shape, misfit friends, and recruits a young woman with extraordinary Kung Fu skills. Together, they're out to combine the ancient power of Shaolin with the modern game of soccer and in the process, just might take the world's most popular sport to its most extreme.

Starring: Stephen Chow, Vicky Zhao Wei, Ng Man-Tat, Cecilia Cheung, Lau Kar-Ying,
    Karen Mok, Alan Tam
    Directed by: Stephen Chow
    Last edited by TNGirlie27; 03-12-2004 at 09:38 AM.

FORT Regular
    Two Men Went To War (NYC,LA)

Based on a true story, Two Men Went to War is about two British army dentists — Sgt. Peter King (Kenneth Cranham), a World War I veteran who still has the urge to fight, and Pvt. Leslie Cuthbertson (Leo Bill), an inexperienced trainee — who sneak into occupied France, hoping to lend an hand in World War II.

Starring: Kenneth Cranham, Leo Bill, Derek Jacobi, James Fleet, Rosanna Lavelle, Phyllida Law, Julian Glover, Anthony Valentine
    Directed by: John Henderson
    Last edited by TNGirlie27; 03-12-2004 at 09:37 AM.

FORT Regular
    Dogville (NYC,LA)

The film is set in the 1930s and is about a woman named Grace (Nicole Kidman), on the run from gangsters, who winds up in the small Rocky Mountain town of Dogville. A local (Paul Bettany) convinces the townsfolk to hide her, in exchange for her working throughout the community. But the people of Dogville aren't willing to live up to their end of the deal once the dangerous outlaws descend on their town, and Grace may be on her own.

Starring: Nicole Kidman, Paul Bettany, Lauren Bacall, Harriet Andersson, Jean-Marc Barr, Blair Brown, James Caan, Patricia Clarkson, Jeremy Davies, Ben Gazzara, Philip Baker Hall, John Hurt, Zeljko Ivanek, Chloë Sevigny, Udo Kier, Stellan Skarsgard
    Directed by: Lars von Trier
    Last edited by TNGirlie27; 03-12-2004 at 09:35 AM.

FORT Regular
    Mayor of the Sunset Strip (limited)

Melding biography and social history with a cultural analysis of our Society's obsession with fame and celebrity, "Mayor of the Sunset Strip" chronicles the picaresque life of pop impresario Rodney Bingenheimer, beloved figure on the Los Angeles music scene since the early 1960s, and a friend, confidant, and lifelong admirer of countless luminaries from all walks of public life.

As a teenager, motivated by his love for music and the allure of Hollywood, Rodney left his home in northern California for Los Angeles, where, despite a shy, socially awkward nature, he immediately became a ubiquitous presence on the live-music circuit. A constantly evolving fixture as scenester, journalist, promoter and club owner, he eventually earned the nickname "Mayor of the Sunset Strip."

After a stint as Davy Jones' stand-in on The Monkees and a successful run as proprietor of Rodney Bingenheimer's English Disco, a magnet for every major star of the early 70s, he began spinning records on Los Angeles' cutting-edge radio station KROQ, and soon became one of the country's most influential DJs. Since then, Rodney has helped define the sounds that have dominated over three decades of music by giving dozens of major artists their first airplay. A partial list of bands he helped to break includes the Sex Pistols, the Clash, the Ramones, X, the Go-Go's, Blondie, Devo, Van Halen, Nirvana, Oasis, No Doubt, and, more recently, Coldplay and the Strokes.

Featuring interviews with such stars as David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Cher, Brooke Shields, Brian Wilson, Debbie Harry, Gwen Stefani, Courtney Love, Nancy Sinatra, Coldplay's Chris Martin, and many others, "Mayor of the Sunset Strip" is a fascinating look at a life defined by a fascination with, and a Zelig-like knack for getting close to, the most famous names in music, movies, television, and beyond.

Starring: Rodney Bingenheimer, David Bowie, Gwen Stefani, Coldplay, Courtney Love, Oasis, Brian Wilson, Doors, Cher, Nancy Sinatra, Mick Jagger, Brooke Shields, Kim Fowley
    Directed by: George Hickenlooper

FORT Regular
    National Lampoon's Lady Killers (limited)

Losers Calvin and Leonard try to rob a couple of 70-year-old women, but the plan fails, and they're soon thrown behind bars. After being mysteriously bailed out, Cal and Leo are summoned to a house, where the women they tried to rob have devious, sexual plans for them.

Starring: Will Friedle, Chris Owen, Louise Lasser, Renée Taylor
    Directed by: Gary Preisler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast