Thread: Great 80's Movies...

FORT Newbie
    Some of my Favorites:

1. Pee Wees Big Adventure

2. Das Boot

3. Koyannisqatsi

4. Sex Lies and Video Tape

5. Road Warrior

Most of my favorites have been listed but there are few that are from the late 80's that haven't:
    Cocktail
    Gleaming the Cube (not very popular but it had Christian Slater in it)
    Shag (also not very popular but I'm a southern girl)

I forgot about sex, lies & videotape. That's actually one of my favourite movies ever...and James Spader was pretty easy on the eyes in it, as well
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I had to find a somewhat "right" thread to post this in.

For Christmas I got the Karate Kids series, with all of the movies including The Next Karate Kid. This was a special edition with commentaries and the like. I loved these movies when they came out and still loved them. The commentary on the first movie was done twenty years after it first came out and is hysterical.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2188183;
    I had to find a somewhat "right" thread to post this in.

For Christmas I got the Karate Kids series, with all of the movies including The Next Karate Kid. This was a special edition with commentaries and the like. I loved these movies when they came out and still loved them. The commentary on the first movie was done twenty years after it first came out and is hysterical.
    I still watch any of the Karate Kid movies when they come on...and I'm all the time doing the "Wipe off, wipe on" hand motions or when I'm cutting up with my son I'll do the "bird crane kick motion" that Ralph Macchio used in the tournament he won!! My son always laughs hysterically at me because I'm sure my 40 year old overweight body looks slightly odd doing that motion!!!

Hey, speaking of Ralph Macchio...he would be a good one to bring on DWTS or maybe even The Surreal Life...I'd love to see him again!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Hey, speaking of Ralph Macchio...he would be a good one to bring on DWTS or maybe even The Surreal Life...I'd love to see him again!!!
    No doubt...and I still think he is a cutie. Since the documentaries on there are only a couple of years old I don't think his appearance will have changed since those were shot.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 12-27-2006 at 08:37 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

All the Karate Kid movies
    Breakfast Club (one of my absolute favorites)
    Weird Science
    Sixteen Candles (can you tell I'm starting to get on an AMH and MR kick?)
    Just to name a few.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

80's' films, or films of the 80's? Not altogether the same beast. Most of the ones that come to mind are already mentioned, here's a figurative few well done movies from that decade, a few of them riding the cusp (1980)

After Hours
    Used Cars
    Tender Mercies
    The Verdict
    Predator
    Absence of Malice
    Silverado
    Nine to Five
    The Blues Brothers
    Places in the Heart
    Urban Cowboy
    The Coca-Cola Kid
    Taps
    Witness
    The Killing Fields
    Wargames
    Something Wild
    The War of the Roses

The Three Amigos! Who can forget that one!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

My personal top five from the eighties:

Near Dark (best vampire movie ever)
    Local Hero
    Return of the Secausus 7
    Don's Party (okay, it was actually filmed in the seventies, but it didn't make it to my city until some time in the early eighties)
    Breakfast Club (best teen cheese ever)
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread