+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers

The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers

did anyone catch the "making of" on WB the other night hosted by michael rosenbaum (smallville's lex luther)? after watching that program, not only am i even MORE excited about seeing the film, but i must admit that i am completely in love with orlando bloom (legolas). he was awesome on the show.

ALSO, if i could spend 24 hours with anyone from the show, i would have to choose:

billy boyd (pippin)

and dominic monaghan (merry).

they are both HYSTERICAL!!!!

did anyone else catch the show?

I did Sher, and like you, I wait with great anticipation.
    It's kinda funny how I got drawn into the whole LOTR thing. My daughter was "forced" to go see it with her friend. The mom and her boyfriend were going to see it, the girls were coming along and had to see that movie cuz it is so long (could't have them just hanging around... I babble, you know what I am trying to get at)
    *ANYWAY SUMMER*
    So the girls come home raving about this movie and Legolas. They loved it. They had to see it again (and again, and again), so my 11 yr old ADHD child went with them this time. HE loved the movie, didn't get up once (miracle of all miracles). So naturally I had to see what all the hype was about. Went to see it and I loved it. Between the three of us, we have seen it about 20 times in the theatre, my daughter watches it regularly on VHS (no DVD player to play her DVD). She has the script and has practically memorized the whole thing. I am not quite that fanatic but I told her we are going to see Two Towers the night it comes out. I don't care if it is a school night! Heck, now that I think about it, I may pull her out of school early and go in the afternoon!

I too adore Merry and Pippen! And it looks like Legolas will feature prominantly in the next one.
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

you caught the show!! did you see the part where billy was explaining how they got lost in the forest (which was alive) and it brought them back to the very busom of nature and being a hobbit? then dom closed his eyes and said, "ahhh... busom." I was !!! i taped it so i continue to watch that portion over and over and over again!!

plus, i never knew who orlando bloom was prior to LOTR. he was perfectly cast as legolas... fell in love with him in the first movie. THEN i saw him in commercials and pics of him and thought, this guy is a freak!!! i was a little disappointed. THEN after watching the making of the other night, i fell in love with orlando as himself, not as legolas, as well! he has a wonderful attitude and is terribly funny! i was so pleased! and now that the mohawk has grown out....

adhd kid at the movie... and he didn't move! right on! my bf's daughter is adhd. we should swap stories sometime. i need all the insight i can get!

Originally posted by shersidhe
    ......... the part where billy was explaining how they got lost in the forest (which was alive) and it brought them back to the very busom of nature and being a hobbit? then dom closed his eyes and said, "ahhh... busom."
    I howled with laughter!

It is truly amazing how every character/actor in the movie just seems to "gel" with all the others. And to have a behind the scenes glimpse of this epic production was great. When something goes on for as long as this shoot did, you know those people formed life-long bonds. It was so cool to see them as real people in the context of the movie.

Yes, I was not as enamored of Orlando as my daughter was but I simply love his as Legolas. He was also in BlackHawk Down but I did not see that movie so I can't comment on him in it.

We have literally hundreds on Bloom pics and I am sure I could tell you about every web-site there is, so if you want more info, let me know. I will consult my resident expert.

Bon vivant-it sounds cool Samurai Ranger's Avatar
    I was one person who confidently predicted that it was impossible to bring Tolkien's tale to the screen succesfully....and I could NOT be happier to eat crow (or Crebain, for those in know), now that i've been proven wrong! What a treat it was for me to see LOTR:FOTR brought to life before my very eyes. I can't wait for the next installment.

SUmmer, had you read the books prior to seeing the movie? It's wonderful how PJ's film appealed to many who hadn't ever turned a page of TOlkien, but I wonder if any of the story or background was unclear or confusing to a "newbie." There is a LOT of ground to cover, after all.

Also, I have NO intention of criticising Mr. Bloom for any "lack" of acting abilities, but the fact is that the character of Legolas was underdeveloped in the first film (in my opinion), so his acting didn't make much of an impression upon me. Hoepfully Legolas's character will be fleshed out further in TTT. AT any rate, I'm waiting for the premiere with baited breath!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I agree with all the kudos for the first film, and can't wait for the second (I may invoke the "I'm going to the movies, have fun watching the newborn" line with Mrs. Wayner on this one! ), but surprisingly, several folks I work with didn't like the first one. I was stunned, as our film tastes are usually in sync, but two of them actually call it "Bored of the Rings." I must destroy them now.

I can't wait to see it !

I liked the special on TV but I got a lot more from the 4 evtra DVD'd you get with Fellowship.

The second one os gonna be AWESOME! Lot's more action and much faster pacing! Count me in!

If you missed my post in general discussion about Leonard Nimoy having a cameo then here's the link to the bootleg footage:

http://www.everlastingblort.com/fenestration/bilbo.mov

i love that the director isn't recapping. he fought with the studio saying that the viewers are smart enough that he can just jump right in to the second film, ttt, without wasting time showing us what happened before. he had a good point... if you want to know what happened before TTT, then go rent FOTR!

the second movie is supposed to be better, though it's hard to imagine as i LOVED the first. a total action packed flick! and from the looks of the making of... legolas is going to have a lot more screen time.

sam, i didn't read the books and i don't feel lost at all, fwiw. i love the movies and am planning to read the novels as soon as i've seen all three.

I am so excited about this movie. I think that it's gonna be soooooooo good! I have been waiting for this movie for like a month. I'll probably see it that first week...hopefully.

I've read the trilogy all the way through about 6 times now, first time in the 6th grade. I'm probably one of the biggest LOTR geeks at the FORT. It's not a stretch to say that Peter Jackson has ventured into George Lucas territory. FOTR was simply amazing...saw it twice in the theater, bought the DVD & have watched it at least a dozen times so far. I rented the extended version DVD & it's now on my X-mas list. Disk 4 is a must see.

Orlando Bloom did a brilliant job of portraying my favorite character, Legolas. And after seeing him in various "behind the scenes" interviews & such, he's become my favorite actor. Of course Legolas is pretty subdued in FOTR, deferring leadership (& speaking parts) to other members of the fellowship. But he exuded the grace, elegance & dexterity of an elf. He's sure to play a larger part in the Two Towers & looks to have lots of battle scenes, even some nifty swordplay. Can't wait to see it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast