+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers

I agree, FG. The Chronicles of Narnia are great books.

I really liked FOTR, and will definitely see this one at the theater, also.

Originally posted by Modesty
    jodaar, only 6 times?? *shakes head* I think I've read them like 20 times...
    OK OK. I'm only 28 & six times was a conservative estimate. I've reread the individual books or referenced them way more than that. But as far as actually sitting down & reading all three in order, at least six times that I know of for sure.

Princess
    BTW, if anyone wants to buy the books - make sure you buy the ones published by "Houghton Mifflin" publishing company which include the last changes made by Tolkien. (Also nicer format)
    jodaar - then you will probably have read them more times than I when you reach my age

Bon vivant-it sounds cool Samurai Ranger's Avatar
    I read the books years ago and loved them, but had forgotten some details of the story. Therefore, seeing the movie, it was a joy to see the images I had in my mind's eye rendered so perfectly, such as the Argonath (those are the two statues that could be named "Two dudes with hands defiantly outstretched" - or something ). But it was equally a pleasure to be reminded of parts I had forgotten. One small, almost random example: after Gandalf has his outburst ("Bilbo Baggins! Don't take me for some conjurer of cheap tricks!...") we see, through Ian McKellan's magnificent acting, the powerful wizard being brought back "down to earth," and I was reminded of the passage "Gandalf again appeared like an old man, bent and troubled." (or something like that). Scenes like that make me want to hold off on rereading TTT so that I can "re-discover" some of the magic of LOTR.

Boromir: And what would a ranger know of this?

Legolas: This is no mere ranger! He is Samurai Ranger, Samurai Baker, Samurai the Sandwich-Maker!!

(with thanks to the Late Mr. Belushi for his memorable character)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, I got the LOTR extended version DVD and no bow-chicka-bow-BOW! needed. Santa was so sweet. We sat down to watch them and both fell asleep. Santa and I are getting a little old.

Sher, do not buy the set unless you just cannot wait. You know I will lend them to you as soon as we have seen them. Hehe!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I haven't read the books or seen the first movie. One of these days.

hey feif,
    you can hang onto your extended version. it's a must own. but thank you.

also, fg and kylie,
    i would love to see the chronicles of narnia made into a movie for the bigscreen rather than a show for pbs or a cartoon, myself. to this day, i still can't sleep with the doors to my armoire open because of "the lion, the witch and the wardrobe."

OK, Sher, I know how it is. Gotta have it, gotta have it. I drove all over town to get it Tues night. Hehe! Just like someone lit a fire under me.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

The Extended version DVD will definitely be under our tree along with a DVD player to watch all that cool stuff.

I have not read THE books either but will sometime soon.

Do any of you read the Earth Children's series? )(Clan of the Cave Bear) I hesitate to mention it in a movie forum because the movie was such a disaster, but they are neat stories.
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

i think lotr is the best movie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123