+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers

(this pic may take a while to download)

I haven't seen the first one yet, but I applaud the director for convincing the studio NOT to do a "here's what's happened so far" at the beginning of this film.

They actually went back and shot some new scenes to add to this movie, after the first one was such a hit.

Any movie that doesn't treat the viewing audience like they're mindless drones deserves applause.

I watched the 'making of' also and it was awesome. I loved to hear all the stories that happened behind the scenes. These guys bonded pretty well. After seeing this special, I'm even more excited about LOTR:Two Towers. The previews were so wickedly awesome.

Looks like there will be a lot more action, and Legolas will have more screen time. I don't think I've seen Orlando Bloom in anything else before, but he is the pefect cast for Legolas. I do have to say that I find "Legolas" the character more attractive than Orlando Bloom.

Thanks Jodaar for that cool animated picture of Legolas.

had to go rent LOTR:fotr this weekend and watch it again... i so need the extended version for my collection!

Princess
    jodaar, only 6 times?? *shakes head* I think I've read them like 20 times...

Ah well, the books are so much more than the film(s), but I realise that they needed to keep the storyline going sometimes at the expense of changes to the original story and removal or simplification of characters for example. Nevertheless I was delighted to see how the landscape and locations had been created just as I envisioned them (and really quite better); and the casting was overall terrific! Although I really wish they had made the film maybe twice as long so that all the characters actually would have had time to say something instead of just focusing on the action and a few characters (who really didn't say much either).

Still I'm really looking forward much to TTT!!

I'm hoping to slog through The Two Towers in time to watch the movie. The books just don't really connect with me.

I enjoyed the first Peter Jackson movie, though. I thought it was outstanding.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I just realized it has been 25 years since I read the trilogy. My teacher wanted us to do a book report on something that was at least 200 pages long, so I grabed The Fellowship of the Ring... and ended up getting hooked on several thousand pages of reading.

I've not seen either movie though. Sounds like I should.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I saw FOTR(almost looks like FORT ) and loved it. I cannot wait to see the second one, but would wait until the second week after release as to not cram in like sardenes with the fanatic crowd. I hope Santa brings the box set of books and special edition DVD set for Christmas. Maybe I can finesse Santa into bringing the DVDs tonight!

bow-chica-bow-BOW!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fogey
    Loved the books,, Love the movie,, even if your 'this is not my thing' kind of person,, you can find something to like about these films.. even if its just the amazing scenery,, or the actor eyecandy,, or the way it is shot.. its just great thats all!!!!

FORT Fogey
    I am a huge C.S. Lewis fan also and I wish someone would do the cronicles of Narnia in LOTR/Harry Potter fashion.. would just love it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast