+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starsky and Hutch - 03/05

Starsky and Hutch - 03/05

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Detective David Starsky is the most dedicated undercover cop working the mean streets of Bay City, California. Maniacally devoted to his job, when he's on duty no crime goes unpunished--and he's always on duty. And that's a good thing, because he has some metaphorically big shoes to fill: his mother was a legend on the force, one of the best cops in the history of Bay City. But while his mom stuck with the same partner throughout her entire career, due to his extremely zealous brand of police work, Starsky burns through partners faster than his beloved Gran Torino goes through spark plugs. Detective Ken "Hutch" Hutchinson is having career issues of his own--he's a good cop, but his hazardously laidback personality and desire for a quick buck don't always get the job done. He has excellent instincts, he just needs a little bit of focus to keep him on the admittedly less profitable side of the law. Exasperated Bay City Police Captain Dobey has found the perfect solution for two of his biggest problems: pair up Starsky and Hutch and put them out on the streets. As soon as the two mismatched crime fighters unhappily begin their first day on the beat as a team, a "floater" turns up on the Bay City coastline. With the help of Hutch's dynamite, street-savvy informant Huggy Bear, the two begin to unravel the mysterious murder case. Investigating their first clue, the boys meet Staci and Holly, of the Bay City Cheerleaders, who are more than eager to help--in any way they can. All signs seem to point at wealthy businessman Reese Feldman, but Starsky and Hutch just can't seem to make a case against him. Unbeknownst to them, Feldman has cooked up a plan to foil the DEA and is plotting the biggest and most lucrative drug deal of his career. The unlikely duo will use their canniest undercover skills, hardcore street smarts and striking good looks to solve the crime and make sure the criminal does the time.

Statistics

Genre(s):
    Action
    Adaptation
    Comedy
    Rating: MPAA PG-13: drug content, adult situations, partial nudity, language and some violence.
    Runtime: 100 mins.

Cast & Role

Ben Stiller -- Dave Starsky
    Owen Wilson -- Ken 'Hutch' Hutchinson
    Snoop Dogg -- Huggy Bear
    Carmen Electra -- Staci
    Vince Vaughn -- Reese Feldman
    Juliette Lewis -- Kitty
    Christopher Penn -- Manetti
    "That's Numberwang!"

Man, does this look like a dog. Ugh. Even the commercials make me cringe.

Sooooo...I think I'm going to make it a new rule that I won't watch a movie that has Carmen Electra, Vince Vaughn and Snoop Dogg in the cast. *shudder*

PSi
    this film is right up my alley.
    big fan of ben stiller. can't ask for anything more.

To me Stiller/Wilson is the best comedy team there is right now.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

My love for Ben Still might just be enough to neutralise my distaste for Carmen Electra.
    "That's Numberwang!"

My friend and I are definitely going to go see this one. I'm a big fan of Ben Stiller, and I really enjoyed the duo in "Zoolander."

PSi
    i enjoyed it.
    there've been funnier movies, half the jokes i forgot after i left the theatre...
    ...but i like the stiller/wilson tandem.
    twas entertaining.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan

To me Stiller/Wilson is the best comedy team there is right now.
    Kinda Remind me of Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin - especially on Oscar night.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    i enjoyed it.
    there've been funnier movies, half the jokes i forgot after i left the theatre...
    ...but i like the stiller/wilson tandem.
    twas entertaining.

It was okay, fairly funny. It just seemed like it could have been so much funnier. I really like stiller/wilson. I thought Zoolander was way underappreciated--and much funnier than this film.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I think Stiller and Wilson really compliment each other.
    This is their sixth movie together and I hope there are more.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast