+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What a let down.

What a let down.

Have you ever been really eager to see a new movie trhen been bitterly disappointed by it?

I wold say my biggest recent disappointment would have to be "Unbreakable".
    I was so looking forward to that after Sixth Sense, but it wasn't what I was expecting at all.

Alien 3. What an unmitigated disaster that movie was, and I was SO excited to see it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

What Dreams May Come...

Okay...Don't throw anything at me. I was literally falling asleep during this movie. It was too slow for my taste, not to mention depressing.

What Lies Beneath.

Harrison Ford showing all the charisma of an ironing board.
    "That's Numberwang!"

GREAT description. I thought he was pretty creepy in Sabrina, too. 'Course, just to prove his point that May-December (or maybe June-mid-November) romances can work, he hooked up with Calista Toothpickhart.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

I would have to add The Blair Witch Project to my list.

I had heard really good things about it but I thought it was the biggest load of crud.
    I didn't find it remotely scary and the ending was rubbish.
    There were so many people in the theatre moaning about it when it ended.
    Someone gave my us the video which contained an extra 8 minutes of footage. Glutton for punishment that I am I watched the extra 8 minutes. The three film makers were in a tent talking, but there was no indication of where thses minutes would fit into the story, it was a waste of time and I will never get those 8 minutes of my life back.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree with Fluff. The Blair Witch Project wasn't all that great...as I had heard it was really scary. Another is Vanilla Sky. There are a few people I know who loved that movie. I don't really understand, but whatever floats their boat.

On the off chance that Blair Witch will frighten me, I have refused to watch it. I make myself sick with my own wobbly, he-panned-and-zoomed-way-too-fast home videos. Can't imagine what the pros can do...

Yes Mdrio, I didn't like Vanilla Sky either.
    I thought the ending was very lame.

Same for Eyes Wide Shut.
    I was looking forward to it as it was Stanley Kubrick's last movie.
    It could easily have been about an hour shorter.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I was disappointed by Changing Lanes. I kept hearing how great it was, and I didn't really think it was anything to write home about.

That's the worst. When everyone tells you how great a movie is and you go in there expecting the second coming of Star Wars. Hard to live up to the hype sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast