+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What a let down.

It's funny...I had heard all the hype about Moulin Rouge, but I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not since it was directed by Baz Lurhman, and I really liked one of his other movies ("Strictly Ballroom") and absolutely hated the other one (his version of "Romeo and Juliet"). But, you're right, Modesty...I was really impressed w/ Nicole Kidman's singing (and Ewan McGregor's as well, for that matter). There were a couple of instances when Joey and I were watching it and caught ourselves looking at each other and saying, "What the...?", but overall, it was a really good flick (IMHO).

Princess
    Lobeck: I didn't know that "Strictly Ballroom" was directed by Baz Lurhman too! I LOVED that one!!

agentcarver
    This may have already been said, but the royal tenenbaums wasn't nearly up to snuff in my opinion-All the critics loved it, but the popcorn (I never order extra butter) was more tasty and flavourful-Plus, the popcorn didn't give me gas afterwards ;-)

Princess
    Agent - good catch! I was soooo disapointed with the Royal Tenenbaums. Excellent actors, and such a poor movie. Have no idea why it got "thumbs up" from E&R???!

agentcarver
    God only knows-Must have been Junketed (PM me if you don't know what that means)

Did anyone see a movie called "The Beach" with Leonardo DeCaprio?

agentcarver
    Nah

Not into Decaprio Horror flics-Titanic was horrible enough for me, thank you very much

(Celine Dion and On and On and On AAAAAAAAARGH! WHEN WILL THEY STOP PLAYING THAT DAMN SONG?)

Oh, Agent, this was not a horror or disaster flick. This was a pretty good film and the scenery was to die for! It was shot on a deserted island somewhere in the tropics. Breathtaking!

agentcarver
    Sorry-I'm just not really into Dicaprio as an actor...

Queen of all boards
    Huge letdown...about a year ago i rented the movie "breakfast of champions"...purely because bruce wills..(MAJOR HOTTIE) was in it...MY GOD, a terrible movie...never made it past the first 30 minutes...
    Life is a game, play hard.

+ Reply to Thread