+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What a let down.

Princess
    Oh - I forgot:
    I was also disappointed in Changing Lanes. I think I probably wouldn't have been, had there been less hype about it.

I just saw three that I was totally disappointed with. First, Signs. The story line was good and the suspense was, as well. But the ending sort of left me disappointed. Next, Murder by Number. I don't mind Sandra Bullock but the movie was so predictable that by mid-movie I knew the ending. Finally, One Hour Photo. The entire monologue through the first third of the movie bored me to no end. I didn't even watch the rest of the movie. And you are right. When they hype up these movies and you go in expecting to see something unique and unparalleled and you come out being so disappointed - a major pet peeve!.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    AI: Artificial Intelligence. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd pray for someone to set a theater on fire so I could escape, until I found myself trapped watching that disaster.

Vanilla Sky was the worst movie ever.....
    The Bourne Identity was awful.
    Minority Report was pretty bad.......I only enjoyed it because of the cool futuristic stuff. Storyline was mediocre.

Princess
    CB: I watched Murder by Numbers the other day, and I didn't think it was *that* bad - but I suppose I hadn't expected it to be very good either
    Kylie: I thought The Bourne Identity would be good! Thanks, I just saved $4

I have to agree with all your choices.AI was mind-numbing,Changing Lanes was awful,Blair Witch Project was horrible there are soo many lame and just plain bad movies being put out by Hollywood that you get taken in by all the hype.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Modesty- glad to help! I also thought it was going to be great from the previews. But it dragged, and if you don't pay alot of attention the whole time, you'll get lost in the storyline.

What is really bad is when you read the book and it is great and then they butcher it in the movie.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Kylie, don't even get me started on Vanilla Sky
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

What is really bad is when you read the book and it is great and then they butcher it in the movie.

(This might be a good catagory for the movie game thread.)
    By the way, I recently saw the movie, Changing Lanes and since I hate Samuel L. Jackson, I didn't want to watch it but my son tormented me into doing so. I thought that the "message" was pretty good (that EVERYONE is hooked into some kind of vice. In Jackson's case it was hooked on drama and in Affleck's case it was hooked on material things & greed). I thought the movie was very good, particularly the car sabatoging scene. At the end of the movie, I was totally angry at Samuel Jackson's character (this is how I know I enjoyed this film) It would be interesting for me to hear your views on why you thought the movie stunk. I am wondering if I saw something in this film that nobody else did or perhaps misinterpreted the movie. Anybody who would like to discuss this movie, please post. I am wondering if the difference of opinion is a gender thing or a generation gap thing.

+ Reply to Thread