+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What a let down.

The only one I can think of was the one with Ben Affleck.
    His movies have become very forgetable imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

agentcarver
    Well... There are some stinkers that aren't made in Hollywood... Like Waydowntown, a "Survivor" movie about 5 office workers in Vancouver who try to go the longest without going outside (Their condos, etc. are connected by underground walkways, etc.) It was actually as multi-dimensional as a dot on a piece of paper.

They're forever showing that on the movie channels but I've never watched it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

agentcarver
    Don't... It's a waste of 2 hours.

I have a little bit of a Don MacKeller (sp) phobia as everything I've ever seen him in was tripe.
    "That's Numberwang!"

agentcarver
    Tripe... Good word usage!

Changing Lanes. I thought it was only so-so, but critics liked it and it made money.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

i didn't see it, but heard that samuel l's last good, worthy of praise, flick was "rules of engagement". however, like i said... i didn't see it. so as far as i'm concerned, it's pulp fiction!

I didn't like Rules of Engagement at all.
    I found it most boring.
    That would actually be one of my "let down" movies as I was expecting it to be really good.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Princess
    This is a good thread for new movies that shouldn't be allowed to die!!

Re. Vanilla Sky and Mulholland Drive - I fell asleep on my couch...

In the Bedroom - I got so bored that I stopped watching it and gave it to someone else

Gosford park - the depiction of upper class vs. lower class, was clever, and some actors were very good. However, it really bugged me how it was shot - I kind of felt sea sick as no-one ever stood still for 2 secs - they were either entering or exiting a room, and I ended up felling quite disappointed.
    It also bugged me that the sound of frazzling, starched petticoats, and shoes on the hardwood floors were louder than the people talking so that I missed some of the dialogue.

I think too, as someone else wrote, that it is more likely that the films that are seriously hyped will be the ones you get disappointed in.

+ Reply to Thread