+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What a let down.

JR.
    Add me to the Blair Witch Project list. I'm "lucky" enough to living in an area where it was shown during it's initial limited release. The hype was insane, everybody was saying how scary it was, and I have a few idiot friends that thought it was a real story. I called to reserve tickets and I had to wait 4 days, every showing was sold out.

It was the only time in my life that I've been pissed off by a movie. It was a whole lot of nothing, and the ending was horrible.

I just rented In The Bedroom this weekend. I was so psyched to see it and while it was out I kept begging everyone to come. No takers.

And then it wins tons of awards and there is all this critical aclaim.

Well.. I saw it. Yes, the acting was good.. but I was mucho disappointed. I've seen better movies that haven't been nominated for tons of awards.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I really have to agree with Vanilla Sky that movie might be the very definition of a let down.
    Another would be Dragonfly, I had high hopes for that movie, it was freaky as hell and the story was very good but somewhere in the mix it turned out to be a pretty bad movie. Also Harts War, now that should have been a great movie but mediocre acting killed it

I think Dragonfly could certainly have been a lot better.
    I don't know whether they particularly wanted a PG 13 rating, but I think they had the makings of a great story which could have been far scarier.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Add me to the list for "The Blair Witch Project". I had heard so much about it, so I decided to check it out. Afterwards, I looked at my friend and was like, "That was it???"...

The ending was the worst. People started filing out of the theater and I thought... what? That can't be the end.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Yeah, the Bare Wench Project was kind of a letdown...Oh wait, that was on Cinemax late one night. That wasn't too bad!

Yeah, Blair Witch was baaaad.

I'd have to say I was let down by Austin Powers in Goldmember, and also in Men in Black II, both of which I wasted good money to see in the theater.

I was let down by the original MIB.
    I think I was believing the hype saying it was hilarious blah blah blah.
    I thought it was rubbish.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I would also have to add just about anything Samuel L Jackson is in nowadays. I've really gone off him.
    It seems as though he accepts every role offered to him and is in about 5 films a year.

He's in a new movie which I want to see as Robert Carlyle is also in it and he's wearing a Liverpool Football Club jersey in the promo posters, so this is bound to appeal to me ().
    The presence of SLJ is putting me off seeing it though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

what was samuel l jackson's last good movie? anyone? anyone? (besides the star wars movies, in which he truly only has cameos)

+ Reply to Thread