+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From the warped minds that brought you Super Troopers

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar

From the warped minds that brought you Super Troopers

Is anyone going to see Club Dread this weekend? I can't wait. This Broken Lizard comedy troupe is so, so funny. Super Troopers was great and I have a good feeling about this. Comedy/Horror.......who could ask for anything else!

Oh yeah Jordan Ladd in the buff! =)
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

PSi
    i can't wait to see Club Dread. It's good to see it has the backing this time of Searchlight. I remember there would be like 2 commercials for ST all week and that'd be it.
    I've been waiting to see the film since...well, last year when i read that it might be shut down because they went over budget.

Can't wait.

Here's a review I wrote for IMDB on the movie:

Kevin King (adidasraver@hotmail.com)
    Upland, CA

Date: 1 March 2004
    Summary: Had me in stitches!

Broken Lizard's newest offering, Club Dread, I found to be engagingly funny, with laughs pretty much around every corner. This movie hits the mark and it's nice to see the guys break away from their 'established' roles that everyone equates them too. The movie itself is a spoof of the Horror genre with Broken Lizard's trademark humor stamped on top of it. While it looks by some reviews that the point was not properly conveyed, this is so much more intelligent of a spoof than what we have been given in the past few years. Heffernan's standout performance as Lars, master of the art of orgasmic touch, was one of the high points of this flick for me, as well as a great performance from a Jimmy Buffett type named 'Coconut Pete' played by Bill Paxton. The running gags do not tend to get stale, and the ending had me thrown for a surprise.

While I do not anticipate that the hype is there for this do make a killing at the Box Office, I do see this extending past the loyal Broken Lizard fans when it pushes it's DVD release. Throw all your preconceived notions of the Broken Lizard characters out the window before you step into this flick and you'll have a great time. It's healthy to laugh =)
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

PSi
    That is so misleading but good nonetheless.
    it wasn't as funny as super troopers (as this humour was more subtle) and had less one liners. But you fail to mention that this is a slasher flick first and comedy second, as, regardless of your feelings on the movie, everyone agrees upon.

But i loved it.

Campfire girl: "Play Margaritaville!"
    Coconut Pete: "I believe you mean my song, Pina Coladaburg"

Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    That is so misleading but good nonetheless.
    it wasn't as funny as super troopers (as this humour was more subtle) and had less one liners. But you fail to mention that this is a slasher flick first and comedy second, as, regardless of your feelings on the movie, everyone agrees upon.

But i loved it.

Campfire girl: "Play Margaritaville!"
    Coconut Pete: "I believe you mean my song, Pina Coladaburg"

FYI for PSI .....you can download all the Club Dread songs (even PinaColadasburg) from their www.clubdread.com website.
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

+ Reply to Thread