Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    Thank you.
    Did you say a naughty?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Did you say a naughty?

Chris

uh....no.

I worded my sentence in a way that didn't represent what I meant. John was kind enough to edit the post for me since it was beyond the 30 minute limit.

He's my hero. Nothing more embarassing than typing along, thinking you are saying one thing but your words come out saying something totally different.

I guess you could say my fingers got mixed up with my brain signals.

That's what old age does to ya.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

I asked 3 people what they felt about the movie. No one thought that it was anti-semitic. However, they did appreciate and felt deeply the sacrific that Jesus Christ made for us. No one was against the film. One was a co-worker, one a professor and one was a Brother from the church. I might see this film after it isn't so crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I asked 3 people what they felt about the movie. No one thought that it was anti-semitic. However, they did appreciate and felt deeply the sacrific that Jesus Christ made for us. No one was against the film. One was a co-worker, one a professor and one was a Brother from the church. I might see this film after it isn't so crowded.
    Bring lots of tissues. You will need them.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    Saw it last night. EXCELLENT!

The theater was packed and silent. (Not a single cell phone rang! )

Many people were sitting in their seats and not moving once the lights came up. The crowd kinda trickled out. Lots of sniffling and red eyes.

The subtitles are really minor and you don't miss a thing reading them. Really, you could see the movie w/o the subtitles and know exactly what was going on.

SPOILER AHEAD (highlight to read)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The tears welled up on me in the scene with the flashback of her running to comfort him as a little boy because he had fallen down and was hurt, and then showing her holding him because he had just stumbled and fallen down with the cross. My husband was even crying! Very moving and touching!
    I saw this movie last night and all I can say is...wow....I have to agree with you, RCM, this scene is the one that totally undid me...my friend that I went with and I were openly sobbing at this point. When I was deciding to go see the movie, I really felt like I wanted to see it, but I was almost dreading it at the same time, if that makes any sense. I knew it would be a hard movie to see.

I am very glad I did go, however. I found it to be amazingly hard to watch and yet amazingly compelling at the same time. The acting was excellent. I loved the emotion and relationship portrayed between Jesus and Mary. I agree that the subtitles did not detract from the movie in any way, and it could very easily be followed without them.

I left the theater feeling drained and emotionally raw. There was a profound silence in the theater. And a line of women in the ladies' room afterwards with tears still streaming down their faces.

I saw the Passion this week, and I didn't find the film anti-Semitic. You can't really change the source material (the Bible) that shows the Jewish authorities in collaboration with Pontius Pilate, pressing for Jesus's death; however, I think the film is balanced out by positive portrayals of Jews from Simon of Cyrene, who helps Christ carry the cross, to Veronica, who offers the Lord water. And, lest we forget, Christ and the Virgin Mary were themselves Jews.

I said this earlier today in a PM to someone, but I think it bears repeating here: I wish people could see that Christ's original message was one of love and tolerance, and the divisive response this film seems to have provoked is worrying to me. Don't let this get lost amidst the controversy and religious politics. It is a message that--no matter what your religion, beliefs, race, creed, whatever--we need now more than ever in this world.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'm still waiting for a chance to see this film.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I said this earlier today in a PM to someone, but I think it bears repeating here: I wish people could see that Christ's original message was one of love and tolerance, and the divisive response this film seems to have provoked is worrying to me. Don't let this get lost amidst the controversy and religious politics. It is a message that--no matter what your religion, beliefs, race, creed, whatever--we need now more than ever in this world.
    Well said.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    Alright, it's time for me to weigh in. I just saw this movie, and I couldn't really say much of anything for 20 minutes afterwards. It was so powerful, and the part I found the hardest to watch, surprisingly wasn't the flogging or the nail going in (although those parts were extremely difficult) it was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when Mary was holding Jesus' body towards the end, and staring right into the camera, it made me feel really uncomfortable, because I realized that this was because of me, and my sin...
    It's a truly powerful movie.

FORT Fan
    So I would be interested to know if any non-Christian members out there have seen this film, and what they think?

+ Reply to Thread