+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Passion of the Christ - 02/25/04

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    Do I agree with *all* my family members... and want them representing me?

Ha! Not me.
    Me neither. I'd be in a heap a trouble if people formed opinions about my character based on misguided views of some of my family members.

I have a question about the movie which I haven't been able to figure out. Why or what's the meaning of Satan caressing/embracing that demonic baby or whatever it is?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I have a question about the movie which I haven't been able to figure out. Why or what's the meaning of Satan caressing/embracing that demonic baby or whatever it is?
    Wolf, my wife and I talked about that very thing. We think it was Satan's way of showing Jesus "See? I love my children. I take care of them. I would save you from your suffering if you chose me."

Satan was tempting Jesus til the end so that makes sense. Thanks, Wayner.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf

Unfortunately this is not Biblical. Mel took a lot of poetic license when it came to Satan in this movie. That was one of my big gripes about this movie. That and the Satan children that were tormenting Judas, right before he hung himself.

Thank God that the real message of Christ was correct and his performance was incredible. So just a little nitpicking there!

Chris

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Unfortunately this is not Biblical. Mel took a lot of poetic license when it came to Satan in this movie. That was one of my big gripes about this movie. That and the Satan children that were tormenting Judas, right before he hung himself.

Thank God that the real message of Christ was correct and his performance was incredible. So just a little nitpicking there!

Chris
    I think it was great the way Mel Gibson portrayed evil. While it doesn't mention it in the Bible exactly how it happened I can certainly imagine it did happen. I also liked the way he showed perceived real moments from his life as he thought back or his mother did. That gave him another element of being a man for me and set the stage for the true suffering he must have felt.

Checking it all out!
    By far, The Passion is the most profound and intense movie I have ever seen. I am speechless and found myself physically and emotionally drained after seeing this film. All of my hats are off to Mel Gibson.
    Mizz Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky

Do I agree with *all* my family members... and want them representing me?

Ha! Not me.
    Me either, Kaky. I am totally different from my family, our views on a lot of things don't mesh.

Good points.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Newbie
    I wonder what the Oscars will be like next year? I am betting there are a lot of people behind closed hollywood doors thinking damm who knew there were so many christians willing to see movies!
    Wonder what it would be like if all the christians started really letting Hollywood know that we would like to see more well made movies that if violence is part of the story then fine, but maybe not so much of the crap they have been feeding us lately.

I saw the movie with a group from my church and I was so moved! Another thing that my pastor said was not biblical was the crow pecking the thief's eyes out. But in defense of MG, There was not a single thing I saw in that movie that would even remotely make me consider it anti-semitic. As far as the violence goes, I have to agree with one of the other posts (can't remember which one). You have to make it violent to fully understand what He went through. I joked with a friend of mine and said "Do they think that these soldiers just walked up to Jesus with the sticks and whips and just gave him little love-taps?" No. Crucifixion is the worst kind of pain anyone could've gone through back then.

James K (Christ) deserves an award for his performance as does MG for his work

+ Reply to Thread