+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Oscar Watch

I like Samantha's dress, at least she took a risk, looks really Cinderalla like. Scarlett's dress, in the photo, doesn't really do much for me, maybe it looked better on camera. So Mom, give us your List!!! Top 6 Worst 6. Samantha's eyes really pop out at the photo, I can't remember her at the awards though, I loved her in Minority Report....she was the psychic!!!
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 03-01-2004 at 08:28 PM.

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Okay, here are my Best & Worst:

BEST DRESSED
    1. Renee Zellweger
    2. Catherine Zeta-Jones
    3. Jennifer Garner
    4. Liv Tyler
    5. Diane Lane
    6. Angelina Jolie (wish she would have covered the tattoos)
    Honorable Mention: Kate Beckinsale @ The Vanity Fair Party

WORST DRESSED
    1. Uma Thurman
    2. Diane Keaton (She never wears gowns, always some sort of androgynous suit. :rolleyes)
    3. Jamie Lee Curtis
    4. Susan Sarandon (was the one strap supposed to be off the shoulder?)
    5. Jada Pinkett-Smith
    6. Marcia Gay Harden (Joy Behar from The View said that yes, she may be pregnant with twins, but her hair was carrying triplets! )
    Honorable Mention: Sandra Bullock--didn't like the bows and fur.

SITTING ON THE FENCE
    Flesh-colored/nude dresses--They just didn't "WOW" me:
    1. Charlize Theron (fake tan off-set it a little)
    2. Naomi Watts (beautifully made, washed her out.)
    3. Julia Roberts (Liked the dress, didn't like the hair)
    4. Julianne Moore
    5. Patricia Clarkson
    6. Samantha Morton (Gorgeous dress, great actress, beautiful, delicate features---too harsh of makeup and hair.)
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Good list mom, I agree for the most part, but surprised you gave Sandra Bullock higher marks. Oh, just realized you have Sandra on worse dressed honorable mention,,,does that mean she was the best of the worst,,lol.?? You haven't mentioned Nicole, on the fence??
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 03-01-2004 at 09:24 PM.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    The show was pretty good, with Lord Of The Rings, Return Of The King winning 10 out of 11 nominations. Awesome ! I like Renee, Nicole, Jennifer Garner, Robin Williams (he was funny), Liv Tyler. They were all gorgeous on stage. Not forgetting Jack Black and the other guy who sang the "You're boring" song... He was a ball !

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Good list mom, I agree for the most part, but surprised you gave Sandra Bullock higher marks. Oh, just realized you have Sandra on worse dressed honorable mention,,,does that mean she was the best of the worst,,lol.?? You haven't mentioned Nicole, on the fence??
    Sandra Bullock getting Honorable Mention in the worst dressed is because I disliked more of her look than liked it.
    Hair and makeup--
    Dress, bows and fur--

Nicole Kidman...no opinion. Her dresses as of late have all had something fluffy/furry/feathery/ruffledy at the bottom and her hair is always in two styles, curled half up/half down or pulled back into a chignon bun. Even though she always looks good, she's been predictable lately. I just don't see her as "all that". No offense!

Oh, and worst dressed couple: Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh--Hands down!

Best dressed couple: Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis
    Last edited by realitycrazmom; 03-02-2004 at 12:40 AM.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Renee's a star, not because of her looks, but because she is a really good actress.
    Well, I know lots of people think so. I'm probably out on my own thinking she's not. I think she works really hard, and determination usually trumps natural talent.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Well, I do not think Renee is a particularly outstanding actress, I think she rides more on her deternination like Paulie said, and also unique personality (to Hollywood) and cute looks. She is good, but not the most versatile there is. I also think her looks limit her being very believable is some roles, it limits her transformation ability (like Chicago, she was ok, but there was something missing). A little bit like it's hard to make Robin Williams "evil".
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345