+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Watch

Scarlett was wearing an emerald green dress. It was just ok in my book.

I loved Jennifer Garner's whole look, one of the best of the evening, in my opinion. Loved Charlize's dress, but her self-tanner and eye-makeup was kind of spooky. Odd, because I think she is almost always gorgeous.

I really like Nicole's dress (waaaaayy better than that flapper number at the Golden Globes), but the top of it was kind of weird, how you could see the sides of her breasts. It just seemed a little odd and I couldn't figure out how it was staying up. Weird design, but beautiful color and I loved her hair and jewelery.

And I was so glad to see that Johnny Depp was back to his dapper self with his dark hair...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I guess I can be on board with Renee Zellweger's dress looking nice, but it's very difficult for me to overcome how shrew-like and unappealing she is physically. I don't comprehend why she is a movie star.

Uma looked like she was taking a quick break from yodeling lessons. Just stepped off the Swiss Miss box, as RCM so humorously mentioned above.

And - yikes! - Charlize Theron's tan was scary-looking. Shame, too, 'cause she's beautiful.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I really like Nicole's dress (waaaaayy better than that flapper number at the Golden Globes), but the top of it was kind of weird, how you could see the sides of her breasts. It just seemed a little odd and I couldn't figure out how it was staying up.
    I find myself investing a great deal of mental energy contemplating this question, as well.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Renee's a star, not because of her looks, but because she is a really good actress. Elizabeth Hurley is much more beautiful, but she can't act her way out of a paper bag, I rest my case. I thought she should have received an Oscar for One True Thing, a long time ago.

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Jamie Lee Curtis (saggy, baggy, raggy Shoulda borrowed some of Nicole's Super Poly-Grip )

If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Just compare how GREAT Uma looked at the Golden Globes a few weeks earlier:

Compared to last night:

Yes, usually Uma ranks in the top 3 best dressed, this is the first time I've seen her look bad at a major event. Maybe the Ethan split is hitting her hard. I keep thinking she's one of the puppet girls in the Sound of Music's, puppet show, The Lonely Goat Herder.

FORT Newbie
    I loved Jennifer Garner and I have to say I really liked Sandra Bullocks dress!
    And well I think one person there would like Uma Thermon, Julie Andrews, you know girls in white dresses w/blue satin sashes, just one of her favorite things.

I think oprah looked radiant great color. Charleze too safe and has looked way better other times. Renee, good dress but wrong for her. Angelina, just fabulous, lose the necklace though.
    Marcia Gay- helmet hair why? Why?
    Julia= good dress, hair color all wrong.
    Naomi, when you are the color of your dress, don't wear it.

Catherine Zeta, fabulous, don't lose anymore weight, unless it's about 175 lbs or so and sort of looks like Michael Douglas.

Liv Tyler- does your hair stylist only have one eye?

Diane lane- looked good.

Nicole - good dress, put hair down, and the necklace makes it look like your head is tied on to your neck, bigger jewels to take up some of the space between dress and head.

Susan Sarandon and Jamie Curtis, boobs get them lifted, lift em or push em up, pick one. Please.

ok, that was my take on the show.

Here's my official list:
    Best Dressed:
    1. Rennee Zwelleweger ( typo )
    2. Nicole Kidman
    3. Angelina Jolie
    4. Liv Tyler ( without the glasses )
    5. Catherine Zeta Jones ( wish her hair was up though )
    6. Dianne Keaton - has her own style

Worst Dressed:
    1. Uma Thurman
    2. Jamie Lee Curtis
    3. Sandra Bullock
    4. Jada Pinkett Smith
    5. Marcia Gay Hardon ( typo )
    6. Dianne Lane ( just don't like those cut away circles )

The in-between
    1. Jennifer Garner, great dress but wrong colour for her
    2. Julia Roberts, something about the dress and the hair fighting each other
    3. Oprah, beautiful fabric and colour, but that huge bow on the back killed it
    4. Susan Sarandon, nice dress, but didn't do much for her
    5. Naomi Watts, great dress, wrong colour for her
    6. Keisha - Castle Hughes, ,,hard one, how do you dress a 13 year old starlett?

Scarlett Johansson--she pulled off this dress with the hair--real '50's look, I don't think many could.

Samantha Morton--This dress is a VINTAGE 1951 Givenchy Couture. (One is not allowed to alter these kind of dresses, so it either fits or it doesn't--she fit into it well.) She has really delicate features, and I think her heavy eye makeup and slick hair are too harsh on her. IMHO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast