+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Couldn't watch it.....

FORT Fogey

Couldn't watch it.....

Name a movie that you knew you could never watch because of how it would make you feel.. you know what it is about but knowing yourself you just couldn't watch..

I couldn't watch A I it would have made me sooo sad
    and I didn't think I could watch John Q until someone told me exactly what happened...

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I couldn't watch A I it would have made me sooo sad
    I don't think I have a film that I knew about and couldn't watch.
    I wish to the heavens that I'd been unable to watch AI; it was one of the most boring, lame, disappointing films I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. It's the closest I've ever come to walking out of a theater in my life.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    try "you light up my life" god was that a chick flick from hell.
    5 of us got in trouble just wishing the film would hurry and end so we could shot ourselves.................and we didn't know each other, just sitting in the same area

I'm pretty much up for anything. There are several movies that have made me uncomfortable, but...oh well. I guess I don't mind having my boundaries pushed.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Well said, Zhora. I agree with you.

Usually, even if it makes me feel bad, I'm holding out until the end. (Unless it's just a horribly boring movie!)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    (Unless it's just a horribly boring movie!)
    Like Ishtar
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

One movie I couldn't watch because I have totally convinced myself it will be crap is Moulin Rouge.
    It looks like the biggest "pile" ever produced.
    I love Ewan McGregor, but I can't bring myself to watch this movie.
    I hate those all-singing all dancing types of movies anyway.

I also found it hard to watch Schindlers List for the longest time.
    I saw it years after it was first released.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    I was that way w/shindlers list.. Moulin Rouge is good but you do have to like Grease,, and those types.. it is sort of Grease, meets MTV on Speed... but Ewan sings really well,, and the costumes are fantastic and the dance numbers are great too..

I am sam was another...

Sleeping with George W
    There are many parts of Schindler's List that are difficult to watch, but this is one film that I truly wish everyone in the world would see. Now that the Holocaust is some 60 years behind us, I fear the sheer horror of it is being forgotten by many, or worse yet, not even conveyed to our children.

And the true nobility and courage of those who risked their fortunes and their lives to go against their government to help Jews, Catholics, gays and others, is also well worth remembering.

I remember reading Diary of Anne Frank when I was in grade school and how much it affected me. I do not think this is standard reading in schools anymore. I hope I am wrong.

Sorry for the mini-rant. I guess it's because I recently rented Schindler's List and watched it again, so I'm overly-attuned to it right now.

I'd put Boys Don't Cry in the same catergory as Schindler's List. It was hard, hard, hard to watch, but in the end, you're glad you did.

Just not one you can watch over and over.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast