+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Analyze That - release date 12/06

Analyze That - release date 12/06

Analyze That (2002)
    [IMG]images/user/analyze.jpg[/IMG]

Synopsis: Mob boss Paul Vitti is nearing the end of his term in Sing Sing, and the FBI agents monitoring him are baffled. Day after day they watch as New York's most notorious gangland figure walks around his cell in a semi-catatonic stupor, occasionally breaking into songs from West Side Story. Is Vitti having a nervous breakdown because of recent threats on his life by a rival family, or is his odd behavior merely a foxy ploy to get him sprung from jail early? The FBI isn't sure, and neither is his former psychotherapist Ben Sobel, who gets called in to consult on the case. The last time Sobel treated Vitti, he tried to get to the source of his debilitating anxiety attacks, but barely scratched the surface. It will take time to examine the demons still lurking in Vitti's mind and help put him on the straight and narrow--time that Sobel doesn't want to give. The truth is, Sobel has problems of his own. His father has just died, plunging him into an identity crisis in both his personal and professional lives. Furthermore,
    he knows his wife Laura will be furious if he allows the unpredictable Vitti back into their lives. But when Vitti is granted a conditional release into Sobel's care and custody, becoming his patient again and--even worse--his houseguest, the reluctant psychiatrist finds that he has no choice. In order to get peace back in his life he must help the troubled gangster sort out his psyche, find gainful employment and go straight--which proves easier said than done.

Rating: MPAA R: language and some sexual content Runtime: Not available.

Cast & Role
    Robert De Niro -- Paul Vitti
    Billy Crystal Dr-- Ben Sobel
    Lisa Kudrow -- Laura Sobel
    Joe Viterelli -- Jelly
    Cathy Moriarty -- Gentile Patty LoPresti
    Joseph D'Onofrio -- Rigazzi Gunman
    Joseph Bono -- Wiseguy
    Joey 'Coco' Diaz -- Ducks

Hmmm, I didn't see all of the first one so I don't know that I will bother with this one either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I didn't see the first one either. The previews looked funny, although it had a lot of predictable-mobster- funny lines, but I won't watch it unless I see the "Analyze This" first.

Well, the first one was so bad I couldn't even watch it through to the end. It felt like swallowing liquid Drano. I can only imagine that the second one would be like having the Drano come back up.

Oops, sorry, that's a little vivid isn't it?
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I'm a so-so DeNiro fan, and also a so-so Crystal fan. I enjoyed the first movie on HBO, and will probably enjoy the second one the same way. MAYBE a DVD rental, but it's not worth hitting the theaters for.

Of course, the last movie I saw in the theater was Austin Powers 3, so you know I hardly ever go

I really don't like Lisa Kudrow much either.
    She's Phoebe in everything basically. I don't really rate her acting too highly.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread