+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Empire - release date 12/06

Empire - release date 12/06

Empire (2002)
    [IMG]images/user/empire.jpg[/IMG]

Synopsis: Victor Rosa runs a successful "street pharmaceutical" business that peddles a high-in-demand heroin mix which he has named "Empire". His beautiful fiancee, Carmen, a Baruch College student, befriends a classmate who has an an investment-banker boyfriend named Jack Wimmer. Victor meets Jack, and they instantly connect. Both are hard-core businessmen from two different sides of the legal fence. When Jack offers Victor a piece of the action on the stock market, Victor finally sees that this could be his ticket out of the violent streets of the South Bronx--and so, he jumps at the opportunity. But there is a bigger price to be paid than clean money for his gorgeous new Soho lifestyle. For the first time, Victor is confronted with a price tag that he will find very difficult to pay.

Rating: MPAA R: strong violence, pervasive language, drug content and some sexuality Runtime: 95 mins.

Cast & Role
    John Leguizamo - Victor Rosa
    Peter Sarsgaard - Jack
    Denise Richards - Trish
    Vincent Laresca - Jimmy
    Isabella Rossellini - La Colombiana
    Sonia Braga - Iris
    Delilah Cotto - Carmen
    Nestor Serrano - Rafael Menendez

Saw the previews for this movie, too. It looked a bit violent, and I really don't like watching drug-related movies. I'm passing on this one.

I saw a preview of this movie on TV earlier today, and it looks good. I really like John Leguizamo, and even Denise Richards might make this movie watchable.

PROBABLY a DVD rental, though.

I saw a trailer for this too.
    I doubt I'll be watching the movie at the theatre.
    It seems like a pretty standard, "you screwed me over now I must have my revenge" type of deal.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread