+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Miracle - 02/06/04

Miracle - 02/06/04

Miracle (2004)

Synopsis:*The inspiring story of the team that transcended its sport and united a nation with a new feeling of hope. Based on the true story of one of the greatest moments in sports history, the tale captures a time and place where differences could be settled by games and a cold war could be put on ice. In 1980, the United States Ice Hockey team's coach, Herb Brooks, took a ragtag squad of college kids up against the legendary juggernaut from the Soviet Union at the Olympic Games. Despite the long odds, Team USA carried the pride of a nation yearning from a distraction from world events. With the world watching the team rose to the occasion, prompting broadcaster Al Michaels' now famous question, to the millions viewing at home: "Do you believe in a miracle? Yes!" *

Statistics
    Genre(s): Drama, Historical, Sports Rating: MPAA PG: language, and some rough sports action Runtime: 135 mins. Theatrical Release: 02/06/2004

Cast & Role
    *Kurt Russell - Herb Brooks
    *Patricia Clarkson - Patty Brooks
    *Noah Emmerich - Craig Patrick
    *Sean McCann - Walter Bush
    *Kenneth Welsh - Doc Nagobads
    *Eddie Cahill - Jim Craig
    *Patrick O'Brien Demsey - Mike Eruzione
    *Michael Mantenuto - Jack O'Callahan

Crew & Credit
    *Gavin O'Connor - Director
    *Mark Ciardi - Producer

I saw this movie last night and all I could say was "wow!" The movie was extremely well made and historically accurate. I highly suggest people go see this movie--it's one of the best I've ever seen!

+ Reply to Thread