ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
    Charlize Theron - MONSTER

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
    Renée Zellweger - COLD MOUNTAIN

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
    FINDING NEMO

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Ok i have to add, that I would be thrilled and surprised to see Depp win for POC, just because it is comedy on his part and I don't think people realize how hard that is to do as well as he did it.
    Anyone actor who earns an Oscar nomination in a Jerry Bruckheimer production deserves some sort of award, but I doubt he'll beat Sean Penn or Bill Murray. Depp willl get some juicy parts thrown his way in the next few years, so he'll be a front-runner soon.

I'm happy to see Cold Mountain overlooked for Best Picture and Adapted Screenplay. It generated more buzz than it deserved, except for the acting.

Seeing Marcia Gay Harden nominated for Mystic River made me happy. Acting next to Penn and Robbins, I thought she'd be overlooked.

Are animated films like Finding Nemo still eligible for Best Picture, or do they only compete for Animated Feature Film?
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

Finding Nemo was eligible for Best Picture.

But I bet it will be a long time, if ever, when you'll see an animated movie nominated in the best movie category.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    But I bet it will be a long time, if ever, when you'll see an animated movie nominated in the best movie category.
    Actually, Disney's Beauty And The Beast was nominated for best picture back in 1991.

I think since there has been such boatload of animated films in the past few years, they decided to make a new "Animated Feature Film" category so that they don't interfere with the "Best Motion Picture" anymore.

I guess some of those big egos would hate to lose out to a bunch of cute fish!
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

That's what I mean. There have been many fine animated films made over the years, but now that they have their own category, I don't think they'll nominate one in the regular category, even though they're still eligible.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    I'm so sorry, Qboots, I misunderstood your post. And I completely agree with you!

I think Beauty And The Beast threatened too many directors/producers. And then when a small animation company named PIXAR started putting out some really good stuff, the Academy decided to nip it in the bud. IMHO
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

It's better this way anyway. It's like being able to nominate 10 best films instead of 5. More people's work will get recognized.

A nomination for "A Mighty Wind" ! Woohoo!!!! Although it probably won't beat out the other songs in the category, I'm just thrilled that they received a nomination!!! It's a fabulous movie, way to go.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

The biggest surprised is definatly Keisha Castle Hughs for Whale Rider. She was very good in it, and was only 10 when she filmed the movie. She is 13 now and the youngest Oscar nominee ever for best actress

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast