+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2003 was a really bad year for movies

2003 was a really bad year for movies

From the movies which I have seen, only three films would be what I consider great and one of them isn't even released in the US until 2004 (Hero). The other two would be Return of the King and Mystic River. There were a number of good films, but doesn't quite do it for me: Lost in Translation, X2, Big Fish, Master and Commander. And of course a whole boatload of mediocre movies.

On the other hand, there must have been a record number of truly horrific films. By this, I don't mean just bad, but ones that you wouldn't see again if you got paid to do it. Of the movies I've seen, these all got F ratings: Phone Booth, Holes, Legally Blonde 2, Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions, Daredevil, and 2 Fast 2 Furious. Several others were pretty close. Some others which I have not seen but heard awful stories about: Gigli, Cat in the Hat, Bad Boys 2, and Mambo Italiano.

I am talking actual movies here; there were quite a few outstanding acting performances including one which I consider the best given by anyone so far in the 2000's, that being Charlize Theron in Monster. It's the best performance I've seen since Ian McKellen in Gods and Monsters.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I definitely say Matrix Revolutions was the worst of 2003. I did not watch the previous 2, and I'm not a fan too. And alot of people say the first two were better.

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    I definitely say Matrix Revolutions was the worst of 2003. I did not watch the previous 2, and I'm not a fan too. And alot of people say the first two were better.

The first 2 were better
    The matrix was the best
    reloaded was good but not great
    revolutions was just stupid

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    I had a good time at the movies this year.

Both Matrix movies, Open Range, M&C, The Missing and, of course, RoTK. Probably more that I can't remember.

2004 looks good and 2005 looks even better.

You're right about not many great movies and lots of good ones.

With the advances in technology, it's a great time to be a movie fan.

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

+ Reply to Thread