+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Butterfly Effect - 01/23

On Howard Stern this morning, Robin said that Ashton is no longer giving interviews because the audiences who saw it at Sundance said it sucked. I thought the previews looked interesting, but we'll have to see how it does after this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    On Howard Stern this morning, Robin said that Ashton is no longer giving interviews because the audiences who saw it at Sundance said it sucked. I thought the previews looked interesting, but we'll have to see how it does after this weekend.

At rottentomatoes.com only 32% of the reviews are positive.

wow. I really liked the idea of the movie.
    I am sure I'll see it on DVD when it comes out
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    My husband was telling me about this.
    Like cali, I like the premise of the movie, but I hate to admit it, the reviews have really out me off.
    I'm not a fan of Ashton at the best of times and from what I hear, this movie is not the best of times.
    "That's Numberwang!"

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar

The Butterfly Effect

OMG You have to see this movie!! It was soooo good!!!
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

My friends and I caught this last night...thumbs up from all three of us. I still despise Ashton, but was nicely surprised that he was able to pull this one off.

I love Ashton and this movie!

A lot of people seem to think teenyboppers see this movie only because of Ashton. Not
    true. I saw this because Ashton was in it AND because it seemed like a great movie.

I agree with Delia. I finally saw this movie yesterday. It was amazing. Ashton proved he can truly act, and not just goof around. I'm afraid by casting Kutcher, the wrong message was sent out. This is NOT by any means a teeny bopper movie. It is very serious, not at all a light "Ashton-type" film. If you aren't up for some serious suspense or have a squimish stomach, don't see the movie. I am saying this because I saw a couple of 8 year olds in the theater and some of them were crying (justifiably). I wonder what was wrong with the parents. Get a babysitter, it was rated R for a reason. My point, DONT BRING LITTLE KIDS TO AN R RATED MOVIE. (sorry, i had to get that out lol) Anyway, I highly recommend seeing this movie!
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

I've been seeing R-rated movies for a long time and I'm turning out okay. I guess it depends on who can take R-rated films. However, I do agree with you on the "Ashton Can Truly Act" comment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast