+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen Actors Guild Nominations Announced

Screen Actors Guild Nominations Announced

MOVIES:

Actor: Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl ; Peter Dinklage, The Station Agent ; Ben Kingsley, House of Sand and Fog ; Bill Murray, Lost in Translation ; Sean Penn, Mystic River.

Actress: Patricia Clarkson, The Station Agent ; Diane Keaton, Something's Gotta Give ; Charlize Theron, Monster ; Naomi Watts, 21 Grams ; Evan Rachel Wood, thirteen.

Supporting actor: Alec Baldwin, The Cooler ; Chris Cooper, Seabiscuit ; Benicio Del Toro, 21 Grams ; Tim Robbins, Mystic River ; Ken Watanabe, The Last Samurai.

Supporting actress: Maria Bello, The Cooler ; Keisha Castle-Hughes, Whale Rider ; Patricia Clarkson, Pieces of April ; Holly Hunter, thirteen ; Renee Zellweger, Cold Mountain.

Cast performance:In America,The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King,Mystic River,Seabiscuit,The Station Agent.

For the SAG nominations for TV shows, click here.
    Last edited by lobeck; 01-15-2004 at 11:34 AM.

Renee Zellweger, Cold Mountain. Not that my vote counts but I give her a

I haven't seen CM yet, eldee, but I've heard she practically steals the show and might finally get her Oscar...

I'm surprised there were no acting nominations for Return of the King. I haven't seen it yet, either, but I have heard that Sean Astin certainly should be/have been considered...

Lobeck, I think that you will enjoy Cold Mountain. It's a love story (Kidman and oh, baby- Jude Law, those lips, those eyes, firm legs, where am I?...) also, there are war action scenes. Renee Z. was great. I think that the costumes might get nominated. Jude Law's character is quieter but, he had such a great presence.

FORT Fan
    The Best Cast Performance category recognized Return of the King for having a terrific overall cast, even if none of them earned individual recognition.

Chris Cooper got a nomination for Seabiscuit instead of William H. Macy, the Golden Globe's nominee. Maybe the Oscars will pick Jeff Bridges.

I don't think I know who Patricia Clarkson is but I'll be looking out for her now if she's good enough to earn two nominations, both from barely-known films.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

kchamber, did you happen to see "Far From Heaven"? It was released last year and starred Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid (the pic received 4 Oscar nominations). Fantastic movie. Anyway, PC was in that. She played Julianne Moore's best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Lobeck, I think that you will enjoy Cold Mountain. It's a love story (Kidman and oh, baby- Jude Law, those lips, those eyes, firm legs, where am I?...) also, there are war action scenes. Renee Z. was great. I think that the costumes might get nominated. Jude Law's character is quieter but, he had such a great presence.

Jude Law...homina, homina, homina...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    kchamber, did you happen to see "Far From Heaven"? It was released last year and starred Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid (the pic received 4 Oscar nominations). Fantastic movie. Anyway, PC was in that. She played Julianne Moore's best friend.
    Ah yes now I remember her. I was disappointed with Far from Heaven itself, though. The whole thing felt like a big homage that I didn't get.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

The three main characters in Cold Mountain.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Who's voting for Charlize Theron? as far as i can tell this movie isnt out yet-

i happened to wander (during a morning run) onto the set of Monster last year when they were filming in downtown Orlando next to Lake Eola. I was standing next to Charlize Theron and had NO idea who it was- one of the set hands was trying to convice me it was Charlize Theron- but that woman standing next to me was butt ugly... such is my luck- i dont get the Cider House Rules Charlize- i get the Monster- Charlize...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast