+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upcoming Movie: The Tuxedo

Upcoming Movie: The Tuxedo

Photo and synopsis from Tribute.ca

Cabbie-turned-chauffeur Jimmy Tong (Chan) learns there is really only one rule when you work for playboy millionaire Clark Devlin (Isaacs): Never touch Devlin's prized tuxedo. But when Devlin is temporarily put out of commission in an explosive "accident," Jimmy tries on the tux and soon discovers that this extraordinary suit may be more black belt than black tie. Suddenly thrust into a dangerous world of espionage, paired with a rookie partner (Hewitt) even less experienced than he is, Jimmy becomes an unwitting -- if impeccably dressed -- secret agent.
    Review from

MSN entertainment

Jackie Chan is a human dynamo, so giving him a creative excuse to use his abilities is a no-brainer. What remains to be seen is how many laughs and how much action this premise is good for. Then again, Jackie Chan movies have never been much more than elaborate excuses for the talented martial artist to strut his stuff. Given the ample humor seen in the trailer, this may turn out to be one of the actor's most clever plot devices. No one wears a good joke like Jackie Chan.
    Ross Brooks

I adore Jackie. This movie looks a little lame, but I have a feeling that this may be the next movie we see in the theaters anyway!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'm not really a fan of Jackie Chan and I really don't like Jennifer Love Hewitt (not sure if that's because of her acting or because she dated Ethan )

I think Jackie Chan movies have a huge following though so it'll be a financial success.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree that it looks a bit lame, but I adore Jackie Chan.

I do NOT adore Jennifer Love Hewitt, however. How she gets any work... acting OR singing, is beyond me. :

I am afraid that's enough for me to skip it, unless it gets stellar reviews.

Love Jackie Chan. Can't Stand Jennifer Love-Hewitt.

I'll still probably watch it, anyway.

I completely agree with Wolf.

LG.
    JLH "dated" Ethan, FLuff? Does that mean it's over and he can resume his longing admiration for you over the internet?

I like Jackie Chan, so we'll probably see it on video.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think it looks kinda dumb. I'll see it....probably if there's nothing else I wanna see otherwise.

Seems JLH is rather unpopular around these parts.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread