+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mona Lisa Smile

FORT Fogey

Mona Lisa Smile

Do we have a thread for this?

I saw it and loved everyone but Julia..

I don't think there is another thread on the movie. We were planning on seeing it but, now I don't know.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    What's wrong with Julia Roberts, firegirl ?

FORT Fogey
    well of all the actress' in the movie she seemed the least "in the period" I kept thinking she did things that would have been unnatural for a woman that era even a forward thinking one. Her haircut in all those layers, she did things in a bar, the way she walked and sat.. it was like she said the lines etc.. but she forgot to posture herself and her voice in the manner of a women in the late 40's early 50's. It just seemed like I was watching Julia Roberts instead of her character. The rest were very very good and did an amazing job. The story was great too.

Kirsten Dunst was awesome in this movie, but I totally agree with Firegirl about Julia Roberts. Her performance and look just did not match. Julia Stiles was also excellent. Julia Stiles and Kirsten Dunst really made the movie.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

and... tori's in it, too!!!
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I agree with Firegirl regarding JR in this movie. I personally didn't really care for Julia Stiles in this movie either. I usually LOVE her, but she was overly stiff, even for a 40's/50's gal.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    I noticed that a bit too firegirl, but I ignored it. I thought it was a great movie!

FORT Fogey
    I have a rule when it comes to movies. If Julia Roberts is in it, the movie is crap.

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    I have a rule when it comes to movies. If Julia Roberts is in it, the movie is crap.
    Nooooooooooo! Julia is wonderful! :phhht

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast